PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry, iPhone or Android for business?

Rudolph Muller
02-13-2012, 10:51 AM
In our office we have a mixed bag of BlackBerries, Android phones and iPhones. Are you seeing the same where you work? Are people moving away from BlackBerry smartphones?

Space_Kriek
02-13-2012, 11:19 AM
In our office we have a mixed bag of BlackBerries, Android phones and iPhones. Are you seeing the same where you work? Are people moving away from BlackBerry smartphones?

Same here but all of the technical guys must use the work phone (Blackberry Torch) Works out cheaper than phoning the techs every time you want to ask something. This means I have 3 devices with me at most times.
Blackberry Torch (Work)
HTC Wildfire S (Personal)
HTC Flyer

Windpomp
02-13-2012, 02:39 PM
I think in the bigger corporates you need a phone where you can push a policy to, not sure if that is possible with the other devices
We only have the BB for this.

mercurial
02-13-2012, 04:31 PM
It depends on the individual and a lot is dependent on the cost of data.

skimread
02-13-2012, 06:12 PM
I laugh at the social networking experts with their power point presentations with iPhone,Android in smartphones and Nokia in standard phones dominating. Yet when they ask the room what phone they got 90% say BB.

Hamster
02-13-2012, 09:14 PM
I find that the more technical people (developers, techies) use Androids and the higher ups shouting orders use iPhones...

I almost never see Blackberries anymore.

FreeStanler
02-14-2012, 09:50 AM
I laugh at the social networking experts with their power point presentations with iPhone,Android in smartphones and Nokia in standard phones dominating. Yet when they ask the room what phone they got 90% say BB.

The only reason being, is that SA has a love affair with BB. We lag behind other countries, and given BB's problems, they should experience a decline over here as well. The future for business's is to have inter-platform operability in the workspace, allowing for either Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Mobile etc...I just wish that time would arrive quicker!

Android rocks.

peterson
02-15-2012, 09:35 AM
BlackBerry has critical mass, and it will carry them in South Africa for some time. Android may be the biggest competitor with cheaper smartphones entering the market.

MegaTesla
02-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I work in a technical company. 70% Android, 20% iPhone, 10% BB/other.

In my social circles (21-35 years) that changes to about 60% BB, 20% Android, 10% iPhone, 10% other.

I've got an iPhone and I use it for all the normal stuff (phone, email, facebook, messenger apps), as well as a reference when birdwatching, stargazing, online auctions, navigation, trapster, news, etc. etc. Most people I know just want to keep to the normal stuff and for that a BB is by far the cheapest.

Dragon_Void
02-15-2012, 11:03 AM
I would go for a Lumia 800, it offers a lot more than what meets the eye.

latro
02-15-2012, 11:45 AM
In the lab, people mostly have BB's as personal phones, a few have androids (myself included), no Iphones though.

Laboratory are cheapskates though, only buying those little nokia xm 5130's on a national level as work phones :p

fonoi
02-15-2012, 12:12 PM
There are still many benefits to Blackberry.

At work we only use Blackberry's to allow access to emails on phones.

robt
02-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Mostly BlackBerry's here - I suspect their flat rated tariffs are the big reason. Plus the fact that it does email so well.

I'll be sad if BlackBerry loses too much ground as I'm pretty hooked on my phone - it does exactly what I need.

McT
02-17-2012, 03:24 PM

Only the knobs who get it paid for by company use BB, otherwise I am seeing a move toward something else. Also the younger folk use the BB for BBM and Facebook.