PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed Mechanical Engineer

eshwar
02-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Please note I did search for a sticky containing rules against this but I couldn't see it, on Tapatalk at least. So here goes

Hi all,

So after genuinely trying for a job. I have decided to put it here.

I am currently unemployed. I have a Honours in Mechanical Engineering from UP and on the way to my Masters. But I need a job now. It does not have to be engineering. I am looking to expand my knowledge in the financial sector as well. I am bad at repetitive stuff but very good at learning and problem solving. Also very competent with technology as most of us on this forum are.

My previous employer profiled me and it showed that I am suitable for analyst, entrepreneurial type of jobs. Well I am sure there are more out there but those are examples.

I would prefer an opportunity in Johannesburg / Pretoria so if anybody here knows of any please PM / post on the thread?

(in case it helps, I made it to the first round in person interviews at McKinsey and co. So I am close to their ideal candidate but just slightly off I guess)

robt
02-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Good luck - hope you find something suitable. have you tried employment agencies. They say there is a shortage of engineers so I'm sure there will be something for you out there.

eshwar
02-29-2012, 01:42 AM
They all say that. I have applied. They all say hello with a big smile, ask for the cv and it's the last I hear of them!

SmL9
02-29-2012, 10:23 AM
I have an electrical engineering degree but I couldn't find any work in the engineering sector in Cape Town. A recruitment agency got me a job writing software for a financial company. So not exactly what I studied for but it pays the bills. Good luck finding a job!