PDA

View Full Version : Please rate FNB

Pages : [1] 2

Rudolph Muller
03-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Please rate FNB according to service levels, pricing and convenience (basically how happy you are with the bank).

Please also say how they can improve to make you a happier customer. You can post your feedback in this thread.

samr1wp
03-16-2012, 03:29 PM
i have voted :)

waz7710
03-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Voted! FNB for ingenuity & helpfulness

InSanity
03-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Voted FNB i really cant think of a single thing htey can improve on i have never had a single bad experience

Xyler
03-16-2012, 03:37 PM
It would be interesting to see if they can improve and on what.
I'm completely satisfied with FNB.

Aw3som3
03-16-2012, 03:41 PM
FNB is brilliant, switched over from beep bank 6 months ago, and will never look back. Im saving money on bank fees, earning ebucks like mad, they have upgraded my checque and credit card account 2 times allready without me asking, unlike beep bank i had to beg them for money after banking with them for 20 years.

Service awesome
Pricing awesome
Convenience awesome

My samsung galaxy tab from fnb awesome

assassin
03-16-2012, 03:43 PM
FNB are top notch. Busy moving over to them completely

Xmailer9
03-16-2012, 03:43 PM
I've had a few issues with FNB. Thankfully they've all been resolved quite speedily, and their online banking is top notch. Had a great experience receiving overseas funds this morning and it was plain sailing all the way. Quick and easy.

nasa
03-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Great bank, with eBucks and Feul Rewards I almost zero out bank charges. Weirdly enough, I found myself 'defending' FNB against its competitors amongst some friends. I managed to convince 2 of them to switch :) Perhaps FNB can provide some incentive for this...? :)

kokaine
03-16-2012, 03:52 PM
I have been with FNB for a number of years now and I have no complaints about anything. I am not a fussy person but I have no reason to change banks as FNB has catered for all my needs.
Their internet and cellphone banking is also the best in my opinion leaving nothing wanting :)

D_gui
03-16-2012, 03:56 PM
7 out of 10.
You can't have 1 teller and 1 enquiry counter open on busy days, but 2 of each when the bank's empty, not very logical. Student loans being revoked mid term even with good marks are also very disappointing. Service can be improved, but the services provided by ATM machines are definitely a plus point. They should focus more on their weaknesses than their strengths.

Emperor
03-16-2012, 03:58 PM
I went to FNB in December 2010, and I've never looked back. What apleasure to do business with a bank that invites me for coffee when I want to do business. I do not pay for my cellphone or internet banking and buying extra airtime is a breeze! I never stand in long queues and I'm always greeted upon entering the bank. I'm not sent from one side of the bank to the other when somebody does not know something, instead, I'm given a seat and the person helping me does all the running about! Truly a fantastic bank!

phoenix911
03-16-2012, 04:10 PM
FNB is great, big difference from absa, lots more savings. Also FNB is simple and fast. Can easily do anything on their website and its done in a matter of minutes.

Zarathustra
03-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Having moved from (F)ABSA a couple of years ago to FNB, I have never had a single reason to regret my descision. Things just keep on getting better & better!?!

My only complaint is, dump the 'Steve' adverts!?!

lexor
03-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Voted

I've changed to FNB about 10 years ago and never looked back.

Free 2GB p/m
Free Slow Lounge
Free Fuel Rewards
E-Bucks
Cheap iPad 2
Low bank charges
and much more ..............

TonyA
03-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Can be extremely helpful especially when travelling. Very prompt in advising with withdrawals at ATMs or by Internet

inuyashaa
03-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Service levels: Very helpful counter people and efficient
Pricing: No problems with pricing seems cheaper than most banks
Convenience (basically how happy you are with the bank): Very happy apart from not many branches available in my town so have to use the one at the mall which is always busy

Please also say how they can improve to make you a happier customer?
Nothing that I can think of besides making queues in branches faster or more branches here

VG008
03-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Excellent.
Ebucks is great! I get around R60.00-R70.00 worth of ebucks per month. Offset that with my R110.00 banking fees, which means I pay only 50.00-60.00 pm for a platinum account. Woo Hoo :cool:

The FNB app is great. Provides banking anywhere (where there is a cellphone signal).

Wyzak
03-16-2012, 04:38 PM
I have also voted. I have not had a moments doubt over whether I made the right decision to move to FNB. Their systems are awesome and their staff are extremely helpful. One of my favourite things about FNB is that you can do pretty much anything without having to go into a branch. Especially so if you have access to a Premier banker!

zaeem001
03-16-2012, 04:40 PM
No problems with FNB.
Service is good, never had any problems or regrets.
Pricing is good for all the benefits you get.
Drawing cash isnt convenient though as I can hardly find an ATM but with cash dying out its hardly a problem. Their cellphone and internet banking is the best I have ever used and its free.
Nothing can be improved on to make me a happier customer.

Space_Kriek
03-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Service: Awesome. They know me by name and when I walk into the bank always get a friendly face and people wanting and willing to help

Pricing: A little High but you pay for qaulity so im not complaining

Convenience: AWESOME. From the FNB mobile app to the amount of ATM's. Never have to look far for my fav ATM. (It also never says I cant have money)

How they can improve: Hmmm tough one here. Maybe if they offer coffee and some free WiFi in the branch.

FNB I LIKE

Merenwenrago
Service levels: Good service levels at the tellers and forex area
Pricing: Pricing is great and love the ebucks
Convenience (basically how happy you are with the bank): Not many branches in my town choose from

Need more branches so I can choose a less busy one during rush hour

Hamster
FNB all the way baby! Now if only they can provide us with an iPad version of the banking app... (the zoom button irritates the crap out of me)

MODS: this is why i need an Android tablet :p

nakedpeanut
03-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Love them.. The internet banking is a breeze to use and they really do simplify life!

Drone 42
03-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Happy so far, they just need to keep their pricing steady now and not put it up much more

latro
03-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Rated.

Fnb is in my view, currently the most innovative and pro-active bank in South Africa. With that said, the thing I would appreciate to endless extend:

Make banking even more personal, for regular customers I.e Should I give your bank a call with the intent of doing business with you, offer to come out to my home and have the technical ability in order for me as a potential customer to open accounts etc, all from the comfort of my own home. (No more than 24hr for scheduling)
Think of the alleviation on queues just this one brilliant move will have,not even mentioning the boat-load of other advantages this would have, for both the customer and the bank.

Do a little more to be 'green'. I.e change your whole fleet of automobiles to Toyota Priuses, or whichever green vehicle fits South African roads. This might sound nonsensical, but it could spur people to see your bank as even more innovative, and perhaps sway a lot of people to go the cleaner route.

Both points I mentioned are already succesfully implemented in other countries.

See, I only mentioned 2 points. I'm happy with all the other great things you guys are doing. Keep up the great work.

bullzeye.za
03-16-2012, 04:55 PM
FNB is truly world class, I've only ever had one error with them, and it was resolved in a matter of minutes.

IRG
03-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Online is tops, in Branch ... k@k...

Freaksta
03-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Ive been there since i was born, no really! Innovation to the max as of late, no problems all the staff at my branch are very helpful and ive never had any problems!

Billy
03-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Looks like a vote from Steve in there.

FNB need to work on their sharetrading. Standard is still King Of The Hill in that respect.

joelus
03-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Had a few problems signing up, had to go into a branch 3 times to get it right (The second time, when I went to collect my card, the teller 'forgot' to take my ID and proof of residence so I got my card, but struggled to get it activated) but since then everything has been great.

Madman88
03-16-2012, 06:49 PM
If they just stop the stupid steve ads then they will be much better.

nivek
03-16-2012, 06:49 PM
no complaints about fnb from my side
maybe longer office hours on weekends would be nice tho :)

bilal786
03-16-2012, 07:03 PM
I Have Voted and complaints about FNB

tasniemb
03-16-2012, 07:33 PM
FNB's service and charges are much better than other banks. And their rewards systems are great. I love the fact that you can use your Ebucks to buy petrol. Their online services and Android App is also great. Makes my life so much easier.

Pr⊕phet
03-16-2012, 07:45 PM
4 Good (better than expected)

PsyWulf
03-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Very happy customer since moving a few months ago

Single gripe I may have is the sparsity of available ATMs,sometimes you need cash sadly

Zenbaas
03-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Generally happy with FNB. Use their cc facilities often and have found it very useful.

nic777
03-16-2012, 08:25 PM
I was suspect on all the good reviews that FNB was getting from customer's I met but I have received nothing but GREAT service from them, on every interaction. I can't really think of anything they can improve of, all is good.

e4et
03-16-2012, 08:31 PM
As an ex absa customer I must say banking with FNB now is only but a pleasure..

CrazYmonkeY159
03-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Ive been on FNB since I opened my lifestart account, I'm still on lifestart and loving it!

McT
03-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Here's why I like FNB:

I love their online banking facility. I can create accounts and relatively easily move finances. Paying accounts and beneficiaries is easy. I can buy airtime and lotto tickets. And the list goes on.
I love their Google Play (Android) application - I find it incredibly easy to use.
I am fortunate to have someone (one person) I can talk to. Email or call him and he is really good at sorting my queries and needs.
I have experienced good service with Wesbank and their Home Loan people.

chrisd1972
03-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Been an FNB customer for almost 30 years, no issues.

etienne.cpt
03-16-2012, 09:44 PM
i have been with SB all my life and have only been with FNB a short while. in that short while FNB added more value to my life than SB did in the many years i have been with them

They are awesome in the way things are done "outside the box" and lead by professionalism and innovation.

dyanamo
03-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Love everything about FNB except that they have taken away the SMS notifications.

kimbo
03-17-2012, 08:26 AM
All i can say is wow @ FNB :D

magespawn
03-17-2012, 08:37 AM
I like FNB for their innovative way they bring their products to the market.

lholhos
03-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Service: the best of them all, I have never had problems when i had to go inside the bank which I hardly do...last time was last year...9 out 10
Fees: im on platinum cheque and Paying 110 a month but ebucks covers that...I'm not liking the fact that I'm paying for playing lotto but I guess nothing for mahala
Convenience: Internet cellphone baking all the way...very very helpful...no need to go to any bank, Que for lottery, prepaid electricity...or these money transfer service from retail giants...ewallet does wonders....
Keep up the good work , you have helped me a lot...because of you I now have a home VIA ur your homeloan...also helped me to consolidate my debts using your personal loan...change your slogan to "we are helping millions already how can we help you you?"

Nicci
03-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Im happy with FNB. 10/10 for their service and products. The online banking is user friendly, all the services from Ebucks, fnbconnect, paypal, telephone banking, mobile apps, they really go the extra mile!! I will never go to another bank again!!

Just_Ice
03-17-2012, 09:07 AM
I have a student account with them, its a really great product!

xrapidx
03-17-2012, 09:12 AM
FNB is ok - not what it used to be.

GhostSixFour
03-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Voted. FNB is good but caused much more problems than I thought they would.

Stickfigure
03-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Only problem I have had with FNB is clearing a cheque here and there, other than that, no problems.

PseudZ
03-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Definitely the better bank. I switched over to FNB a few months ago, so much better. I have not had any problems with them.

cerebus
03-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Really can't complain about FNB in the time since I switched from ABSA. Prices are good and service is about as good as you could expect.

CyroKrypto
03-17-2012, 02:16 PM
I have been using FNB primarily for PayPal for about four years now and have never had problems - good service.

Ianf1
03-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Internet banking great, relationship managers not interested in servicing a small business!

teraside
03-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Bad (worse than expected). I have had to contact FNB in a period of 6 months to enable Services such as Prepaid Purchases, e-Wallet Transfers and to get basic account information for listed public accounts.

Their call centre staff are rude and obnoxious. They put you through a bunch of nonsense questions to verify your identity which anyone could answer if they knew me at all. All around I'm disappointed with their lack of service and for creating work for me to enable basic services which they randomly suspend for no reason.

The fact that there is almost Zero FNB ATM machines in the Mpumalanga region makes it even more irritating. Especially if you receive an sms that it's cheaper to withdraw from FNB (really? golly me).

kilobits
03-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Service levels: No complaints... as expected.
Pricing: Could improve as all banks can with their charges...
Convenience (basically how happy you are with the bank): Internet banking is their biggest plus, and eBucks.

Revise your service charged already!

Linoman
03-17-2012, 05:05 PM
I have voted as well:

Generally happy they could improve the sometimes ridiculous online banking security. Mainly if you logon from a different PC other than usual home/work combination and then you must call for them to allow it. Drives me nuts

Mike Smit
03-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Love these guys. Awesome bank. Really "with" it.
Nuf said.

Ecco
03-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Easiest way for FNB to make me a happier customer is reduce the monthly fee on my product. Everything else i am happy with.

Abe
03-18-2012, 02:08 AM
If you want to make me happier. Stop with the stupid Steve adverts. I am seriously considering closing my accounts because they just never end. Every day on the way to work and on the way back from work this barrage of dumb adverts. The first couple of times it was fun, then it became painful and now it's annoying as hell. Annoying enough to change the channel.

Lycanthrope
03-18-2012, 04:15 AM
FNB, what is without a shadow of a doubt South Africa's number one bank.

Service? Excellent.
Products? Excellent.
Online banking? Excellent.
Rewards? Excellent.

Anything they could do better? Not that I can think of.

iCare
03-18-2012, 07:40 AM
FNB are great! Have been with them for 15years plus. My only issue I could ask to improve on (and it maybe branch specific) is to improve on is over the counter queries. The branch I visit on a regular basis has 12 or so customer service cubicles but only two staff members t assist a long line of clients, needless to say I avoid visiting the branch

DanH
03-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Most things are excellent with FNB.

But I'd like to see that 50c to email a proof of payment scrapped. Paying for an email annoys me a little bit.

On the prepaid section could city of cape town electricity be added.

And lastly it would be nice to be able to buy google play, istore, etc credit in the prepaid section as well seeing as FNB sells their products.

Aessa
03-18-2012, 09:16 AM
I buy prepaid electricity in Cape Town (from FNB), it's brilliant.
FNB is the perfect automated electronic bank.

Nimz
03-18-2012, 10:33 AM
FNB _ Top Notch

lucifir
03-18-2012, 11:25 AM
I am very happy with FNB.
They are currently the best of the big 4, and the other banks have a lot to do if they even want to match FNB

b166er
03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
I am so glad I dumped ABSA for FNB. FNB do make some mistakes, but they are willing to correct them and their service has always been top notch. I actually feel like they care about providing a good service and that is what matters.

Keep up the good work FNB!

dlevine
03-18-2012, 03:26 PM
I have voted, choose me now :)))

Rev. Mikey
03-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Voted, FNB rocks!

moosamc
03-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I have recently moved over to FNB from another bank. I have to say that currently their value for money is excellent, service is good and products innovative. The only advise that I have is that I will stay as long as I feel this is the best bank so they need to ensure continuous improvement occurs.

Benster
03-18-2012, 09:42 PM
The are innovating. They offer greater value through these innovations than the other banks.

hashbrown99
03-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Am in the process of moving over from another bank but already regretting it. I moved over because of other people's recommendations about how wonderful they are but so far FNB have:

Wrongly declined me for a credit card because both their branch and their call center somehow got me mixed up with someone whose ID number is similar but not the same. This other person has ITC issues. Had to resort to Hello Peter to get it sorted out
Internet banking is primitive and was also a pain to activate :(
FICA process was an hour and a half exercise in their branch
Still haven't sent me the forms to switch salary and debit orders

On the plus side, the smartphone banking app is cool and the banking fees pretty reasonable

mcryan
03-19-2012, 12:05 AM
My vote is in!

stroebs
03-19-2012, 01:28 AM
Recently changed my account over to a Life Start Student account and it was very quick and easy. Their pricing on the Student Account is awesome, as well as the added benefits.

Also have my business account with FNB, and always receive exceptional service from them.

The only problem I have is that when I wanted to change my account to a student account, there were tons of problems with the documentation. Would have been made much more simple if they could drag documents over from my business account.

flarkit
03-19-2012, 07:12 AM
I've been with FNB for more than 10 years and find their service better than that which I've seen at other banks. I still feel that service fees are unfairly high across the board, however FNB's internet banking and the electronic account option has probably been the main reasons that I haven't changed.

broken1
03-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Voted. Love Ebucks....

Penquin
03-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Voted. Recently switched to FNB. Great bank, as long as you don't have to go into a branch. In branch service is terrible.

cheese_za
03-19-2012, 08:44 AM
I voted 5. They really do go above and beyond for me.

Service:- Whenever I need to go to a branch I am always happy with the service I get.

Pricing:- I switched to the all-in-1 pricing where you have 1 set price for your banking charges regardless of what you do. (The product name escapes me)

Convenience:- It is very rare that I need to go to a branch nowadays, because almost everything can be done online.

I am a very happy customer and don't see myself changing anytime soon.

On the internet banking, if they could just allow us to be able to group recipients, that way, employees could be in a separate folder to suppliers and so on. It can be a real pain to scroll through all my recipients looking for someone. I find myself resorting to using the browser's find function to assist all the time.

On a final note, who can complain about getting free money just for swiping your cards? Ebucks FTW!!!!!

Tacet
03-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Voted. I'd like a native iPad app with added functionality - especially as far as buying airtime from mobile operators is concerned. Bit of a bugger not being able to topup my 8ta airtime from the app.

MandM
03-19-2012, 09:09 AM
I love FNB. After several horrible experiences at my previous bank (G)ABSA to who I have been loyal for 30 years, I decided to take the plunge and move.

I love that I am paying less banking costs - only R90 per month on the Gold package for unlimited transactions!
I love that a consultant came to my work to sign me up - Sally Hollick from FNB in Canal Walk is brilliant!
I love that they are moving my debit orders for me.
I love the Blackberry app.
I love the free access to internet banking and cellphone banking.
I love that I am earning e-bucks.
I love that I get free sms's whenever there is activity on my accounts.
I love that there are more advantages that I can't even remember!

Rocco1
03-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Great bank, innovative ideas, not paying a cent for my current account, fuel rewards with ebucks :)

One aspect they could improve on is better investment options with high rates of return. 7-day investment option is good, but would like to see higher that 5.2% returns.

Freakboy
03-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Fnb ftw!!!

pjjdp
03-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Everything just works as expected

JEDMAR
03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
I've voted good because for the most part, I'm fairly happy with the service, but do feel that when it comes to problems they're reactive (and only if you shout and scream about it). I wish they'd be more proactive. Then they might actually become a first rate bank and not just an okay bank in a country with some subpar banking services.

For instance, their consultants are often fully aware of why something could potentially be an issue for a customer--mine certainly were up on the problems I had--but it didn't seem to get any further than their desks until I went ballistic about it. Their reactive response was great, but by that point I was extremely frustrated and angry with the bank. Had this been proactively handled, FNB would have gained a loyal customer. As it stands, I've ended up splitting my banking between them and another bank.

Get your consultants and your bank proactive FNB! Give the consultants the ability to pass customer concerns and potential issues to someone with the authority to see what FNB can do to sort it out and you'll go far.

Dee2012
03-19-2012, 11:44 AM
I agree with nasa, Ive convinced many to switch to FNB. Its a HUGE mission to switch but FNB made it easy with doing all the work for me, I only had to get my salary done. eBucks are awesome, awesome, awesome!!! I get R1000 in vouchers every 8-9 mths! I was previously with ABSA and the difference is chalk and cheese, FNB is honestly awesome!

Davedes
03-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Fnb

Defiantly the most innovative bank in south Africa hands down.

TheGuy
03-19-2012, 12:46 PM
I have something they can improve on. Their email service sucks I sent a message on Monday just requesting a statement be sent to my house for Fica purposes. Wednesday I get an email saying you request has be sent to the relevant department. Friday I get an email saying there will be a cost of R7, I replied and said ok. Today is Monday again still no response.

Tuesday last week sent a message asking about finance pre-approval I'm still waiting for any kind of response.

With SB I logged onto internet banking and sent them a secure message, then my branch would phone me the next day every time without fail.

I know I can call but it costs money and wastes time.

eky86
03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Yay fnb! Yay fnb!

theKraZyJoker
03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
I like the fact that FNB is so creative and innovative when it comes to banking.
What I am not so happy about (perhaps this relates to all banks) is the lack of transparency when it comes to bank charges. I would like the bank to inform me how much a transaction will cost before complete it.

jennetp
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
FNB's on line banking is excellent, and so is their telephone support. My only minor complaint is when I dont feel like phoning through a non urgent query, and I rather submit it via their on line 'contact us' query from, no one seems to respond. However if I log a complaint with Hellopeter about this, FNB quickly responds and someone phones me back withing 24 hours. Very minor issue, just seems a bit odd. However as a bank I have been with them for many years and find them excellent.

DanielM344
03-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Just moved to FNB from Standard Bank. All I can say is "wow what a difference!". Everything is just so must simpler at FNB. I can set my own account limits via online banking without having to go into the bank. And I LOVE the FNB app for my phone. Don't know how I got along without it!

Can't see myself changing to another bank ever again...

Things they can do better:

1. Encrypt my bank statements using the Striata Reader
2. Allow me to make 5 digit pins

andris
03-19-2012, 02:14 PM
FNB is fine for me, i have not tried other banks..but based on their requirements when opening and their services eg online banking, fixed bank charges..i'd say im okay..they jus took years sorting out my credit card!

Javanese
03-19-2012, 02:34 PM
FNB's service is fair, though I have bad experience when it comes to home loan approval

iceburg
03-19-2012, 02:36 PM
FNB has saved me money and time... and they keep getting better... and moving forward unlike my old bank...

Octavo
03-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Overall - pretty good service from FNB.

DrJohnZoidberg
03-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Just moved to FNB. So far so good!

aalwees
03-19-2012, 03:53 PM
I opened an FNB account last year and it's chalk and cheese compared with my previous bank:
* When you complain about something, they actually respond.
* FNB took the initiative with the PayPal problem and opened up small-scale international trade for me.
* The online banking site is the best - the most intuitive, feature-rich, user-friendly and well-finessed.
* FNB has a great loyalty rewards programme - eBucks -which, at the very least, cancels out your bank charges.
* When you go to a branch, someone greets you and asks you what you need and points you in the right direction.
* They are innovative. My previous bank only cottoned on to the idea of sending an SMS when your account is active over a year later. Other innovations include the ability to send money to someone's cell phone.
* Their statements are more legible and sensibly laid out and provide useful summaries.

CaneMan
03-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Good service
Easy to use Internet banking.

Used them for years;)

g4mb1t
03-19-2012, 03:57 PM
10 out of 10

Bounty
03-19-2012, 04:16 PM
I would not be with FNB if the service was not up to scratch

The Big Firefly
03-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Iv'e been at FNB for about 10 years now. they are the best bank ever. i have had no problems with them what so ever. they are taking the market by storm... with the smartphone section and the fact that you get a PAYPAL account with them... read the other day that they will be getting the new ipad3 in this year as soon as it is released in SA.

GO FNB GO!!!!!

charlieb
03-19-2012, 04:25 PM
FNB suits my needs completely. Being over 55, with their Encore account, I don't pay any bank fees. I also get free internet banking as well as 1GB of data free per month. Between 7 and 11 pm. I can view YouTube videos without using cap.
Where they can improve is by getting some organization into the queuing system to speak to a consultant - it is a free for all. The result is the clients get into arguments about who was there first.
When I had to give them a copy of my municipal account for Fica, they would not accept my copy which I get by email and said I had to get a hard copy from the municipality.

bazzathetwit
03-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Never really had any issues with FNB.
They always seems to be on top of the game and first when it comes to technology.

FNB FTW

Calico182
03-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Have been with FNB for 20 years now (back when they had those rad dayglo transparent bob T cards, and before). Have been completely happy with them. No reason to change

llewellynH
03-19-2012, 04:48 PM
I have been with absa for years, and a year ago moved to FNB, FNB is the best, and i cant ever imagine leaving them.

ryan411
03-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Rated 4.

They are doing most things right, but to improve they should have a better idea of me as a client when approaching for other services. i.e. Know that I might have an access bond before phoning me to offer me a Personal Loan. Makes no financial sense to offer me a loan which has a much higher interest rate than that which i have available to me currently.

The tablet and smart phone offering has no value to me as it would cost me more money to take advantage of, as I am on the Fee Saver option.

Make sure your pricing information is correct on the website, as I have found it's not always accurate or misleading as to how things are described. i.e. Saswitch fees.

ATM withdrawal fees should be charged per R600 withdrawn ELSE they should make the default amounts to withdraw in increments of R500. Why are these fees out of sync in the first place?

Why not email statements in CSV format as well or make it an option, so that we don't have to download on our own.

EDIT1:
Law-on-Call sucks big time. Feels like I am throwing my money down a Black Hole there. I still need to complain about my last experience, but I have been somewhat busy since changing jobs.

P.S. I have been with FNB my entire banking life, hence my expectations are somewhat higher than other clients coming from the less client-centric banks

EDIT2:
How about updating the FNB iPad app instead of only having an iPhone version of the app?

Shaun - Cape Town
03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Full points, excellent bank. Wesbank excellent. Homeloans excellent, only caution stay away from their Discovery life insurance homeloans products daylight robbery at it's best & Out Insurance building insurance, because those two companies work hand in hand with FNB Homeloans, be careful to read that policy documents details very carefully.

camsaway
03-19-2012, 05:48 PM
offer referral incentives
Provide seemless Credit Card Functionality on Internet Banking (there are differences between cheque accounts and credit cards when using online banking that I shouldnt have to see / know that FNB Card is a different service provider).

cAv
03-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Voted for quick, seamless and easy creation of a new account and transfer of all services.

scotty777
03-19-2012, 06:23 PM
excellent service from FNB.

Mypro-D
03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Voted, FNB really are great, comming from an old STD Bank client.

Grasmuis
03-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Best bank ever!!

F1ve_Claw
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Only problem I have had with FNB is in regards to their ipad offer. Nowhere online can I find where it says that you have to have had a 5.5k deposit for 3 consecutive months. Other than that I enjoy the experience with them

saliehendricks
03-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Excellent innovation coming from this company.

Some things to improve on:
- Clearer bank charges.
- Dont charge me R2 for sending an email when I make a payment...that is a rip off.
- Keep selling smart devices but deliver them faster
- Add more tech sites that can support ebucks. Kalahari sucks when it comes to pc hardware

More of a personal gripe. When a professional who's account is a lifetime old, asks for a 2nd home loan...at least consider it. I had to go to another bank to get a 2nd loan...makes no sense.

MongooseMan
03-19-2012, 06:46 PM
It just works

SeregonZA
03-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Just recently switch over - before FNB I didn't think there was something called customer service in the banking sector! Very happy with FNB no complaints or improvements needed!

Bern
03-19-2012, 06:47 PM
The only thing now is to charge Capitec prices and I will be even happier

Mental-Tree
03-19-2012, 06:55 PM
FNB is great.

therealgideon
03-19-2012, 06:55 PM
I've had no issues with FNB. Great bank so far...

nanonyous
03-19-2012, 07:06 PM
At the Napier branch, when making an appointment for financial consultation, the consultants are sometimes late (to the effect of an hour to three hours). When you make an appointment with a client, keep your appointments.

Dreamsgate
03-19-2012, 07:13 PM
FNB caters for all my needs, and as for price they are among the best with all the added value e.g eBucks, internet and call phone banking, banking app, ect.

Dviance
03-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Love FNB. They have an amazing internet transaction system.

scotteza
03-19-2012, 07:20 PM
FNB are fantastic!!

Centaur
03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
FNB is an awesome bank. :).

The only thing I think they can improve is allowing their student account's card to be used like a true MasterCard cheque card, which can be used for online payments. However, currently it is only limited to a Debit card functionality, even though it is actually a MasterCard cheque card and account.

But other than that, I have only received great service from them.

nexxus
03-19-2012, 07:35 PM
If I'm gonna nitpick, it would be nice if they made it easier to transfer my homeloan over to them. But I really can't say too many bad things about a bank who pointed out ways for me to cut my bank charges in half without even as much as a prompt.

Skunkzy
03-19-2012, 07:36 PM
FNB is awesome, never had any issues.

inferno
03-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Not too bad. I use them for business and they have always preformed as expected.

Crusader
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
By far the best experience with any bank I've had so far. The only improvement would be if they could open a branch or even just install an ATM in town to break the shackles ABSA has here.

c0old8d3
03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Since I changed from Nedbank to FNB my service fees have dropped drastically. Best decision I ever made. Service is also great

Deanos
03-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Originally with Trust Bank, stayed with ABSA, they gave me hassles so I moved to FNB!

Been there over 15 years now!

Ryansta
03-19-2012, 07:58 PM
I have voted :D

werfie
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
I have been with every bank in South Africa and at some stage they all just manage to pee you off. I have been with FNB for a while now and I think their online services are great. I love the iPhone/iPad app. I have had normal customer service issues with them, had to scream and shout a bit, bit this is so normal in South Africa, I don't even think it is worth mentioning.

I have two suggestions for them though, 1. Their Website/App seems to be off relatively regularly for whatever reason. Please fix this, and 2. For heavens sake, can you please introduce a queing system in your brances. The comfy couches that is placed randomly may have been a good idea by some design company, but I have not ONCE entered a branch and left without witnessing a customer quarrel because of the fact that no one knows who has to be served next. BAD BAD BAD idea guys.

Other than that, I am a pretty happy camper.

yaeger
03-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Been pretty happy with them since I joined many many years ago. Never had any issues, mostly because money goes into my account and debit orders go off. Never needed more than that from a bank. Really love the iPad offer.
Hoping they stay innovative and listen to customers.

pigdog
03-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Truly the most innovative and forward thinking bank there is.

DarthMol
03-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Banking with FNB has always been a pleasure and the perks are good too - eBucks, free 1 Gig of fast unshaped data a month, and their deal for getting a tablet is increasingly tempting.

kolakidd
03-19-2012, 08:42 PM
FNB allows me to control my account and all of my finances without interacting with a human being. Unfortunately service level call centres in South Africa suck and they've gotten around it by having the best self-service systems on the market. So for that they get a 10 out of 10

Kiffy
03-19-2012, 08:42 PM
I've been with FNB since I was 6 years old (21 years)...started out with a BOB account :D Then progressed to getting those little transparent red, plastic piggy banks which you had to slice up when it was full :) Never had any problems with them and they're always coming up with new services and easier ways to do it all :)

Sup3rCow
03-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Excellent bank, but can work on their Online Services

roberth
03-19-2012, 09:37 PM
I love FNB, the way you can open you account online, and then interact with them online, never having to enter a branch is awesome

TeRRoRByteZ2007
03-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Been with FNB since I was a student. Never let me down, can still brag that my bank can do more than theirs can. Keep it up FNB!

mk_bt
03-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Good bank at a good price

F1Maniac
03-19-2012, 10:29 PM
FNB are far and away the most innovative bank out there. They embrace technology and truly are segment leaders.

Love ebucks, love the fact that i get free bandwidth thru FNB Connect, love that I can buy Lotto tickets thru FNB Online banking!

That being said I wish they would drop the "Steve" ads. Those are really annoying.

I got an iPad thru them at a bargain price, Viva FNB Viva!

I doubt the other banks can even spell iPad......LOL

russellO
03-19-2012, 10:40 PM
I have been with FNB for 4 years now and I am very happy with them except for one issue I had recently... An absolute nightmare.

I applied for a Limit Increase through online banking, agreed to the new limit, signed the forms and faxed them off. Then after a day I got a call to say my account has been upgraded to Platinum, which I pointed out to the operator that I already had. All I wanted was a limit increases. He said he would escalate it and sort it out.

The following day I got an sms saying my new card had arrived... I went to the bank and collected the card and selected a pin over the counter. So I thought everything was ok. A day later I tried to use the 'new' card but it didn't work and I got an sms saying I need to contact the call center during office hours. I went into the branch again and there was no record of the card even existing on the system. It had an identical number to the card I currently had (which they say shouldn't be possible). How did they make me select a pin if the card isn't even on the system?

On Saturday I tried to buy an outdoor furniture set on budget and it was declined even though I am no where near my limit. (I am currently finishing off something I purchased on budget last year). Then I noticed another sms saying I need to contact the call center during office hours again. So instead of waiting until Monday I logged on to internet banking and noticed that they had actually removed my budget facility in the limit increase fiasco. I haven't been to the bank again to sort it out.

FNB can improve their service by fixing there systems not doing this to anyone else !!!

Gapz
03-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Ive been with FNB since BOB-T days! And am very happy with their services and support over the years!

Loving the new PayPal feature as I can transfer payments with ease!

Also love the fuel rewards and eBucks!

Love you FNB! :]

Unihost
03-19-2012, 11:10 PM
I've been with FNB for two years now and have several accounts with them, they are just brilliant, if only they can get their "send one-time pin to secondary option" to work. But all in all, great bank and I will not move to another bank. Thanks FNB

ebendl
03-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Pros:
1) Good pricing!
2) Innovativeness - dual logins for sites such as 22seven, internet banking is great, tablet offering etc., smartphone app
3) Slow Lounge Access (I'm a platinum member) is awesome
4) Unlimited swiping!
5) eBucks FTW
6) PayPal

Cons
1) Few ATMs.
2) Service in branches are usually quite slow

ghost311
03-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Voted. Possible improvements: proper queuing system at the banks to stop people jumping the queues, an information desk with a permanent staff member present to handle queries on where you need to go.

Saajid
03-19-2012, 11:54 PM
FNB is performing well on all fronts, though banking fees are still too high. They maybe providing the best value for money from among all the big banks, but it is still too expensive to do banking with FNB, and in RSA in general.

The call center and email support also leaves a lot to be desired. The call center is shocking - trying to resolve any query sees you being transferred endlessly from one department to the next, with many agents clueless on how to help, until the call is eventually dropped (due to FNB's flakey telephone system) or frustration and anger sets in. As the "innovative" bank in the market, they should be number 1 with regards to email support, though it is close to non-existant. Even the email contact form on the FNB website is pointless. Nobody ever gets back to you.

Anyway, these are things that need to be improved upon, though I will still not leave FNB. They are currently my favourite bank.

InnerException
03-20-2012, 12:09 AM
I've been a happy customer at FNB for years. I feel they are a great choice for personal banking, and after seeing some of the other South African banks' online banking systems I think FNB has the best at this point in time.

Iroiro
03-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Voted :) They make banking less of a chore and I dislike chores

JBenci
03-20-2012, 06:38 AM
I love FNBs banking app for Android.

I would to see FNB to put even more functionality into their already awesome website, so less going to the physical bank and being able to do more online. Eg; Print my own bank statements or ordering a replacement card and having it delivered.

Joker
03-20-2012, 06:49 AM
They're decent:

Bad: Sometimes internet banking OTP sms's just never arrive which can be a real issue when you're making an urgent payment. Also not a fan of their credit card transaction history; only ever being able to see your current balance etc.

Good: Being able to make forex payments and get prepaid electricity online is great though.

JohnnyBravo
03-20-2012, 07:29 AM
I am very happy with FNB. The only thing they might want to improve on is the placing of their ATM's. I often find other bank's ATM's and no FNB ATM. Also withdrawing from another bank is currently very expensive.
The new ATM's with instant cash deposits are a move in the right direction.
Also, many smaller town FNB branches have closed and the general feeling is that these people will move to the banks that still exist in their towns.

Roxi_B4b3
03-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Moved over to FNB a few weeks ago, and couldn't be happier. Nobody beats them at pricing, customer service or ingenuity

Ace1234
03-20-2012, 07:54 AM
FNB is definitely the most innovative and attractive bank at the moment.

One shortcoming is that they fail to provide internatinal airport lounge access for platinum and proffesional clients which other banks provide. Definitely an added benefit worth looking into.

Rated 4/5

PostGhosties
03-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Voted. So glad I switched to FNB....... ABSA = Daylight Robbery

archimedes
03-20-2012, 08:03 AM
FNB's only area for improvement is the share trading platform where Standard is much better. They are much better in all other regards.

iacvlvs
03-20-2012, 08:03 AM
I've had fantastic experience after fantastic experience with FNB. They don't just meet expectations, they blow them out of the water.
I initially switched to FNB because theirs were the lowest fees of the big 4 banks. I'm glad I did, because the customer service is worlds beyond what I was getting at my previous bank. Just yesterday, my banker phoned me just to check that I'm still happy with FNB's service, and to ask if there was anything they could do. Wow!

Silver-0-surfer
03-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Internet banking so simple and easy to you. Only been with Standard bank before but don't think I'll ever leave. The Iphone app is also pretty cool

RidwanV
03-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Voted FNB 5/5

jpjordaan
03-20-2012, 08:35 AM
An iPhone on the Tablet/Smartphone deal will make me very happy.

Your twitter platform works great, @Rbjacobs and team thumbs-up! I have moved my wife and 1 friend over to FNB already, but I must say, it was not very hard to convince them :)

Keep going FNB!!!

Xman1000
03-20-2012, 08:37 AM
I am very much happy with FNB's service and pricing. The only thing that they need to improve on is the response time on Email Queries.

simbao53
03-20-2012, 08:43 AM
FNB is an excellent Bank; I love how it gives me total control to manage my personal information and finances. I appreciate the freedom of having Access to my bank at my finger tips through my secure dedicated FNB App on my smartphone! I can pay my utilities with just a few taps on my phone!

FNB service suites my needs and in fact, out of all the services, utilities and products I pay for monthly, It is the only service I really feel I get my money's worth and not ripped off!

Cheaper calls to more African Countries would be welcome.

FNB Happy Client.

RDE
03-20-2012, 08:43 AM
I have been with FNB for a few years, they just get better with time. One thing I would like them to improve is have more ATM, I don't really withdraw much but sometimes when you really need an ATM you can't find FNB's nearby.

francs
03-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Pros:
Innovative and leading ideas on the technological side of things e.g. internet bandwidth, tablets, etc.
Love the banking app.

Cons:
They still charge a lot in banking fees.
I just moved from ABSA to FNB and ABSA was actually cheaper.

Monkey101
03-20-2012, 08:44 AM
I am a proud FNB supported now :D. I love everything about them!

dryburn.macbook
03-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Been with FNB for 8 years, had a few problems but they gopt sorted out by standing in crazy long ques

WRB
03-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Service: Mostly good service on most channels as long as you don't need a consultant. I've been to more than 5 different branches in Gauteng and the service at all of them is absolutely horrendous!! Standing in queues for at least 30 minutes because only 1 teller is available (I don't know why they build branches to accommodate more tellers since they clearly don't use them). When somebody does come to help sooner (checking if everybody is in the right place) they also disappear and usually only answers half the query on their return

Pricing: Very good

Convenience: Very innovative bank, bringing out all the products other banks are cautious about and really trying to make it work. Far ahead of most banks in tech

VernD
03-20-2012, 08:54 AM
FNB is great!

I have been with them since 1995; have experienced their growing pains with them but they came out on the other side, all the better for it.

mm1za
03-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Have had nothing but good service from them :)

loki14
03-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Voted. FNB is the best bank by far. Have converted almost all of my friends and co-workers to FNB!

kritzingerf
03-20-2012, 09:05 AM
good general service, products that suit me..

SLi-Man
03-20-2012, 09:09 AM
FNB has a very efficient way in doing business. I haven't been in a branch in ages! Can do everything I want either online or over the phone. Fits anybody with a busy lifestyle.

lukewd
03-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Please make general banking free like in the UK. I don't believe you should have to pay for monthly bank charges especially if you don't even use your account.

Scenario: You put some money in your bank account, you leave it there for a year, and then its all gone, and you actually owe the bank money. That is madness.

Electron
03-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Service: Great, always helpful.

Pricing: Good

Convenience: with so many ways to access your account , they are the leaders in convenience

element1
03-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Voted for FNB.. completely satisfied with their innovation in digital offerings.

CaCo
03-20-2012, 09:25 AM
i just love the fact that i have never needed to go into a branch for anything.
the fact that they created the first banking app in SA shows the direction they want to go in.

Oliver
03-20-2012, 09:27 AM
I moved from ABSA to FNB a couple of months ago and I am quite happy so far, but I think anything must be better than ABSA.

Service levels - above average. They can certainly improve.

Pricing - all banks make money from you, the real question is who gives you better value for the money they are anyway taking from you. On this I would say FNB is OK.

Convenience - I find FNB to be very convenient and customer focused.

They can improve by increasing their service levels or by lowering their fees :)

RVFmal
03-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Apart from a few branches where their customer service leaves much to be desired, their pricing is relatively fair, services provided are adequate and overall experience is better than most.

ChrisJ
03-20-2012, 09:40 AM
I have been with FNB for 12 years and apart from high fees (but better than the other banks) they have been very good.

I have never had a problem with service but then I haven't had to visit a branch from the past couple of years apart from collecting a new card. Online banking and the mobile app are fantastic.

Longer branch hours would be useful for the rare occasions that I have to visit a branch.

SilverCode
03-20-2012, 09:43 AM
So far I only have my Credit Card with FNB, but considering the level of service they have provided with that account, I'm seriously considering moving my whole portfolio over to them. Honestly can't think of what could be improved.

shuaiba
03-20-2012, 09:55 AM
i voted FNB- cos its how they can help me!

encrypted
03-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Shame guys, comparing the other banks to FNB is like comparing a bunch of go-karts to an Aston Martin.

FNB just rocks.

Marc.Y
03-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Voted. FNB is a great bank!

nadimm
03-20-2012, 10:11 AM
I've convinced half my office to move to FNB. Commission please.

mfumbesi
03-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Love their APP, wish they had play Lotto options thou on the App.

Gerhardhuman1
03-20-2012, 10:43 AM
very happy with FNB in general, however...they can improve alot in home loan department.

rigermortis
03-20-2012, 10:50 AM
FNB always

Inevitability
03-20-2012, 10:56 AM
I've never had any major issues with FNB.
Except one time when they forgot to tel me my card neede renewal.
So I score them a 3.
Thing is, thy don't really deserve too much more tha this cos they still charge me exhorbitant fees (but are not unique in this), and i cna't say that it exceeds my expectation for everything to work normally... that should be the minimum expectation.
So yes... a 3 for FNB.

dracolusus
03-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Love FNB! Great bank. Only thing they can improve on is the mobile app. Possibly adding the ability to buy lotto tickets on it. Besides that...not much else hey.

ID_10_T
03-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Great bank with value added service. Just scale back a bit on the Steve adds

eeZSay
03-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I've had no complaints since I switched to them more than 2 years ago.
Their online and cellphone banking is top quality and they give me free data every month...
Banking is far easier since I switched.

scrubba
03-20-2012, 01:36 PM
I've had no real issues but I do feel the fees are exorbitant but that's not unique to FNB...

Mondinos
03-20-2012, 02:34 PM
First of all, it is financial institution so they will milk you. None of them don't :)

Been with all four major banks and FNB is the best at this stage. Combine it with Discovery and you get monies back that is unbelievable.

gresham
03-20-2012, 02:48 PM
+5, I use 2 banks and FNB far outweighs the other, good service, efficient branches, best online banking experience.

gresham
03-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Just to add, the new android app for FNB is very very useful !

TonyM
03-20-2012, 03:18 PM
FNB ebucks, internet and cellphone banking work for me

Mbuzi
03-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Great bank, and getting eBucks on my fuel spend is just great. At the end of the day I get something

willemvdm
03-20-2012, 03:49 PM
FNB - The ONLY Bank that excepted the fact that I stay on a farm. I use to be at ABSA and after many visits regarding proof of address they informed me that they will close my account so I moved to FNB.

I also tried to open an account at Netbank and they just right away refused.

FNB is the only bank, no other bank exist to me.

beans100
03-20-2012, 05:04 PM
I ave moved from ABSA 2 years back and find that this is the best move I made in a long time. Easy online banking, low cost....the best.

dabbler
03-20-2012, 10:04 PM
FNB... as good as it gets.

d.casper.b
03-21-2012, 07:51 AM
I can't even imagine how they could improve - they are constantly evolving and innovative in my opinion.
Only problem I have is that at some places where I swipe my card the transaction is not recorded at all and the money is still reflected under "available balance". Apparently only once the merchant does their banking does it come off. Whereas, the money should at least not reflect under "available balance" but sit under "pending authorisation", and the "available balance" should be updated. Some swipes work as should though.

markcpt
03-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Voted. Have my business account with FNB. Never had an issue. Based on my business, I am able to do everything online, so do not see the inside of a bank too often but have always been impressed by the level of service when have visited.

Improvements - well we can always do with cheaper banking costs, other than that I am completely happy with their service.

Rainy
03-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Id say FNB is great, just keep innovating, But one complaint would be bank fee's for eft payments etc.. they need to be reduced.

TarnAlcock
03-21-2012, 12:11 PM
I greatly enjoy FNB's services. They have given me an account that fits perfectly with my needs and has minimum impact on my balance :) Certain other competitors did not do so and were charging exorbitant fees. I have to date had only one issue which came about when I had to change my inContact number but have not reported it yet so..

zamicro
03-21-2012, 11:06 PM
I have switched from ABSA to FNB about 4 years ago. Best thing I could have done.

My suggestion: As FNB have out incontact details, why not use it to let the customers know that they have technical issues. My wife stopped to fill her car with petrol, but her card was declined because FNB was down. This has put her in a bad situation, as she had no other means available to pay for the petrol.

masood75
03-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Front line staff at branches some times sully the experience of an otherwise exceptional bank.

Vitality
03-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Switched my cheque and credit card to FNB from ABSA 2 years ago. Saved a lot on banking charges, I earn ebucks and receive much better service.

I have had a few issues with their call center. Everything got sorted after that.

@Zamicro - Agreed. Happened to me on Tuesday night. Luckily it went through after the 8th time.

gjmellet
03-22-2012, 01:57 PM
I enjoy FNB's innovation and services. I know I will pay less fees at Capitec, but that has to date not been enough reason to leave FNB.

TheMightyP
03-22-2012, 01:58 PM
I switched my business account from ABSA to FNB about 4 years ago and haven't looked back since. FNB bank charges for business accounts are less than half, and the service levels are higher. In branch transactions require waiting in line (queue) but once you reach a consultant, the service is good and they are always helpful. The online banking is second to none, with most functionality available online.

I do have trouble understanding integration between various FNB features and my business account. E.g. I still don't know if I am able to use ebucks or not. There should be a simple way of finding out about ebucks and paypal (which can also be a mission to figure out).

mr.B
03-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Voted - excellent bank;

One complaint though - their ATM's hardly ever work.

dablakmark8
03-22-2012, 02:57 PM
fnb ftw...SB you suck

KamikazeHamster
03-22-2012, 03:12 PM
FNB has been fantastic. I've enjoyed using their website, which works well on my iPad too. They're friendly and helpful. About the only thing I'd like to see is their iOS app supporting Lotto purchases (which is on their site)!

ijacobs3
03-22-2012, 03:22 PM
awesome service!

Razza
03-22-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm on a student account and the last time i went into a branch was almost a year ago when i went to collect my new card so the charges are super minimal. and I'm the envy of all my friends

Ob1
03-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Moved from ABSA to FNB in the last year. Very hapy with the service and earning Ebucks and saving on petrol

Well done FNB. Also use the FNB Andriod aplication :-)

dsd
03-22-2012, 03:28 PM
FNB has ebucks, which is an excellent rewards programme that can be used at so many useful places (Kalahari and Makro, and they keep expanding it). It is a simple system with a direct translation to usable money (rather than points and bank specific shops). Their cellphone banking app is awesome and great to work with, and the online banking is simple and efficient. What I love is that I never have to go into the bank, everything just works with no hassles. The only thing I need to go to the bank for is international transfers from my business account....and that is the SARB's fault, not FNB.

Since I have been with them I have been very impressed and certainly encourage those who are with other banks to switch.

tian
03-22-2012, 03:28 PM
I have with FNB for the last 26 years, and FNB is truthfully living up to their slogan "How can we help you". Friendly staff, on the forefront of using the latest advances in technology, even switching from Licensed OS software to a African flavored Linux system.

VincentvZyl
03-22-2012, 03:29 PM
FNB by far the best of the lot. No other bank compares, low cost, great service, self service portals that are "Godlike" and "Unstoppable" heck its almost a "MEGAKILL" to the competitors.

ShaunJames
03-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Fanatstic Service from FNB. Made a move to them from ABSA last year and have never regretted it. Great service always and fantastic offers from the bank which the others well can only dream of. Plus i love my iPad i recieved from them as well.

hyarion
03-22-2012, 03:31 PM
I've been with FNB for many years. I find their service level to be very good and they are especially good at innovation. I've had minimal issues with FNB over the years, whereas I have seen many friends and clients (I work in IT support and deal with hundreds of client's pc issues) that have issues with other banks that I've never had to worry about with FNB.

The only thing that gets to me (which I don't think is unique to FNB) is the queues in the banks. It doesn't seem to make much difference which bank or what time of day/week/month it is, there's almost always long queues at the enquiries desks. So opening a new account or anything like that can be a long process...

Crazydetailer
03-22-2012, 03:32 PM
My vote goes to ... FNB.

Jaffro
03-22-2012, 03:33 PM
It's awesome to see so many positive comments about FNB, especially when I can see my experience in each of them! I switched from Nedbank who were terribly expensive and not much better for it. I'm normally happy paying more if it means I get better than average service/products, but with Nedbank that wasn't the case.

Anyway, not to rip on Nedbank all the time, FNB is a great bank and the innovation and great service (at the right price) definitely sells it for me.

mon_star
03-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Love FNB and I'm always recommending them to colleagues and friends. A good, transparent brand that really innovates. I'm constantly surprised at their new offerings. If I were to nitpick, I'd like to see more brands using eBucks.

RoganDawes
03-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Extremely happy with FNB.

fonoi
03-22-2012, 03:41 PM
FNB is the most advanced bank by a long shot, very happy with them!

quickcup
03-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Best bank ever, best products, innovation and all round service. I will never change. BB phone banking app THUMBS UP. The Ebucks and online banking is also COOL.

dwwarren
03-22-2012, 03:42 PM
I made the switch to FNB late last year and I can't believe I've waited this long to do it.
The only "improvement" I'd like to see is the added service to buy electricity and maybe lotto as well through the app.
Use it, don't use it :p

oozy
03-22-2012, 03:44 PM
FNB - outpaces the competition.

FNB was my first bank and they have never given me a reason to look elsewhere. Conversely, I hear friends complaining about their banks all the time.

tjma2001
03-22-2012, 03:53 PM
FNB is probably offering the best services.. yes i know i know.. so stuck with my current bank.. standard troll bank of SA FTL

ICE-VaPa
03-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Voted. Incredible Bank. 5.

carstensdj
03-22-2012, 04:09 PM
FNB really is a brilliant bank! I have been with them for 5yrs and dont think that i will ever change.

I love the endless rewards that they offer, coupled with great, simple investment opportunities and ofcourse the free online banking and App!

CrispinKay
03-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Voted for FNB. As long as I don't have to go into the bank directly it is a awesome bank. If I go in though it seems to be a bit slower than the other banks.

motsholane
03-22-2012, 04:17 PM
I've always banked with FNB and I really see no reason as to why I should move. My friends that bank with other banks haven't been able to convince me that they get better service than I do, in fact they turn a slight shade of green when I tell them about all the great stuff I get from FNB.
I've experienced the electronic channels of the other banks, except for Nedbank and I must say that FNB is way ahead in that regard. That single point of failiure thing that happened 2 days ago(2012-03-20) is a bit worrisome though. I hope a lesson has been learnt from that.

Peterkb
03-22-2012, 05:26 PM
I find FNB's electronic banking good (except today!) but their call center rates right down there in the dumps with SARS' call center.
I often wonder if the people running them ever try and follow the voice promts to get somewhere or somebody. Never go into a branch so cannot give comment on them.

Solidus
03-22-2012, 05:45 PM
FNB

There is no other

WatchMan
03-22-2012, 05:48 PM
I have been with FNB since I opened my first account when I was 18. Always been cool. Now that I'm a 'grown up' their product offerings are really excellent, and their user/client portals are really very useful and convenient.

Improvements:
-Call center staff are often uninformed and unhelpful. Long waits for answer are maddening.
-Still having to see the bank manager for an overdraft is stooopid. If I can't do it online, don't waste my time.
-Silly e-bucks earning rules. Rewards programmes should be simply and always easy to obtain.

modsik
03-22-2012, 05:52 PM
FNB Awesome bank

kroesie
03-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Voted for FNB great bank always willing to help. Keep it up.
They should employ Werner to come and work for them, the poor guy has a hard time convincing his banks customers to stay.

dEaThXc0rE
03-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Loved FNB but seeing as they had a 2 and a half day total blackout which has cost me a lot of money due to debit orders that got sent back, I am only giving them a 4 here.

Asy1um8
03-22-2012, 06:38 PM
FNB are fine. I don't have particularly complex banking requirements so am fairly easy to satisfy. They do pretty well in the area of value-adds.

Kiffy
03-22-2012, 07:11 PM
I had to setup a Samsung Galaxy tab for one of my clients the other day and banking was a crucial part of having it...only he was with ABSA and Standard Bank...hm...It's so much easier to just go into an app store and type 'FNB' and tap Download...

Zeroburn78
03-22-2012, 08:52 PM
10 out of 10 for fnb. I moved from absa to fnb and cut my banking fees by a third. FNB has a lot more to offer and I love my ebucks so I can spoil myself every so often.

Bincx
03-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Always banked with FNB and have had no major issues over the years. Great bank.

OfficialWoWPlayer
03-22-2012, 09:19 PM
I've rated my bank! Im new there! really prefer FNB to ABSA! =D

munir
03-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Awesome bank

Omega za
03-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Fantastic Service from FNB.
Would be nice to have a wider selection of tablets through them eg. Asus Transformer Prime.