PDA

View Full Version : Please rate Nedbank

Rudolph Muller
03-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Please rate Nedbank according to service levels, pricing and convenience (basically how happy you are with the bank).

Please also say how they can improve to make you a happier customer. You can post your feedback in this thread.

ISP cash cow
03-16-2012, 03:29 PM
I am happy with the Electronic side of Nedbank with regards to the SMS messaging on transactions and internet banking. Firstly I would just like to see more nedbank ATM machines available and if they could please please put different software into the ATM machines as they are as slow and annoying as anything.

general banking I am happy with so far (even though I hardly ever see the inside of a bank anymore)

ChilliGirl
03-16-2012, 03:30 PM
As a general speaking I am very happy with the service they offer. Any queries I might have also get sorted out promptly without any hassles :)

MickeyD
03-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Standard gripe is about bank charges, which is relevant to all banks in SA. Otherwise I'm pretty satisfied with their services over the years.

Also please do not channel any more services to a call centre; many of us prefer the "face-to-face" way of doing business.

Third Blue From the Sun
03-16-2012, 03:40 PM
As a staff member, I would say that I am satisfied with the service of the bank as a whole.

Things to work on:

Communication, and in an appropriate time frame, without the need for the customer to follow up.
More focus on what you can give the client as opposed to the perceived status you seem to want to give them. You are a bank, not a charity.
More innovative products- you need to stop being a follower and truly bring out something inspirational- like FNB do. Live up to your motto.
Upskill your call centre staff more. I am tired of doing this simply by association of working here.
More ATM's please! Saswich fees are unnecessary. And I also feel they are horrendously slow- this could be dangerous for certain areas.

However:

Your rates are competitive.
Your general service is friendly and efficient.
Your image is one of reliability and steadiness- qualities you possess in great amounts.

cycleboy
03-16-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm very happy with Nedbank's fee structure for what I get on the Savvy account.

An FNB-like smartphone app would be nice.

speed_seeker
03-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Everything at Nedbank works as expected, I just wish they had more innovative ideas.

I consider them to be the bank that is the furthest behind in the technology stakes, and it seems that even to implement the simplest of technical advances takes Nedbank years and years, as an example, they were the last bank which gave the capability to email people proof of payments from their internet banking site.

I have been a loyal client for years but am seriously considering moving to FNB, as FNB seems to be the only bank looking after the interests of their clients. Also this social media communication centre of Nedbank's is an absolute joke, this is the response I got when I asked them about what new products they have in the pipeline for PFM tools: "Developments are underway and we will communicate the offering once finalised. Thank you for your patience."

They could have at least said something like this: "We are busy working on an iPad app and hope to have it released sometime in 2012, or "We are aware that our PFM offering is only helpful to people who use Windows based PC's and we are developing capabilities for Mac by 2013" - then I would know where I stand with the bank, instead the attitude smacks of "We are developing what we think you might need , we don't actually give a damn if it meets your needs"

binkybozo
03-16-2012, 03:48 PM
The Nedbank down from me is horrible. At the end of the month there are usually only 2 to 3 tellers on and the ques can be long, long, long! Their customer service at this branch is just as bad. FNB and Captec are looking better and better each day.

Raithlin
03-16-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm happy with Nedbank in general - they have been more than accommodating when we have needed their services. Lower / remove some of those costs, and get "with it" tech-wise, and we could have a winner. Oh, and update your PFM app to include credit cards.

Nhova
03-16-2012, 04:02 PM
I usually don't need to go to a branch but when I do it's usually not a very pleasant experience.

Quey_Quick
03-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Quite happy.

B.O.F.H.
03-16-2012, 04:18 PM
They're acceptable...

And thats about the best I can say abotu Nedbank in general.. they're not special and they're not bad.

Though I will admit I am actively seeking another bank, and will make the jump should I find a better deal elsewhere, but that isn't because Nedbank has treated me badly it is more due to me being price sensitive and not brand loyal.

Garyvdh
03-16-2012, 04:19 PM
I use Nedbank in a personal and business capacity. I have no major complaints, but I have to agree with others in this thread that they are lagging a bit behind in terms of innovation and general helpfulness. The online experience is reasonably good, but there are many options which need to be introduced that will make life even easier. E.g. opening new accounts, filling out forms online such as Bond applications and Credit Card Applications.

The only reason why I have not switched to another Bank, such as FNB, is that I hate all the other banks with a passion. Nedbank has been good to me, but I hope they can excel and get even better!

1) service levels = 7/10 = Good, but can be improved
2) pricing = 6/10 = OK, but needs to be reviewed
3) convenience = 7/10
4) Make me happy = Please add more features to the online banking system

inuyashaa
03-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Service levels: Never really use the bank since I got my accountant doing it for me
Pricing: Very good and very nice interest on my money
Convenience: (basically how happy you are with the bank): Happy with how my nedbank corporate saver is run

Please also say how they can improve to make you a happier customer? Nothing that I can think of

J0n0
03-16-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm currently looking for another bank to change over to.

Nedbank took two months to respond to a credit card claim and I am still battling to get them to do anything for me. They are very quick to help you when you want to give them money, not so quick to solve disputes or claims.

Merenwenrago
03-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Service levels: Bank is average at where I go to at Cascades
Pricing: Pricing is good and interest is value for money
Convenience: (basically how happy you are with the bank): Very happy with the bank

Please also say how they can improve to make you a happier customer? All great no problems

StevenC
03-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Missed out on 1 point due to being harassed by call centre every few months for life insurance with the usual thick as 2 planks dik-afrikaans english speaker trying to brow beat me in to giving more money to Nedbank because I can die tomorrow.

Even after I sms'd stop several times to the number. The last person who phoned me got a real chewing out :)

Other than that, excellent bank and I shall echo the sentiments in this thread - better social / online platform and maybe the possibility on not having to rely on FNB to use PayPal to its full extent.

I like that when I walk in to my branch (Cavendish Square), I get greeted by name. That personal touch from the one lady (who must have a photographic memory) makes me smile every time.

samaras
03-16-2012, 04:58 PM
It was ok, until they decided to take money from and promise to refund in 7 days, its over a month now, dont care any more moving to FNB, just need to switch my debit orders. And I am done.

chrisc4290
03-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Have had a Nedbank business account since 1978. Fine, improvement recently with the staff knowing what they are doing. Fees structure a bit hefty, I am charged a "facility fee" and an "maintenance fee" on top of the regular transaction fees even though I have never had an overdraft. Using a credit card overseas was a real pleasure, no more double expenses to a bank for changing your money twice for you.

Their pricing structure is a bit convoluted and changes every year. They also have a variety of new products and if you read the leaflet while you are waiting in the queue, the language is vague and the promises indistinct. There were also 2 spelling mistakes in the one English pamphlet

fastesthamster
03-16-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm generally happy, I just wish the password strength on their BOE trading platform was stronger. Limited to 8 characters and no special ones at that!

nelwa
03-16-2012, 05:38 PM
service levels: 3/5 - fair, as expected
pricing: 2/5 - worse than expected
convenience: 3/5 - as expected

Overall I'm not unhappy enough to change, but I won't do any viral marketing for them either...

essene
03-16-2012, 06:16 PM
We as customers are being ripped off in South Africa. Our bank charges are laughable and all the banks should be had up for overcharging us. I have a Nedbank savings account and the bank charges are about R15 to R30 per month and there is little or no traffic through the account. It's a joke.

Greggle
03-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Please also say how they can improve to make you a happier customer:

- More ATMS - there are far too few in Cape Town
- When using an ATM you should be able to select your defaults on Internet Banking and then not be asked every time you go to the ATM 'what language do you speak' and 'would you like to print a statement'.
- Improve the queuing systems in their banks. One counter for all non-transactional activities / queries just does not work and you wait forever in the queue.
- Release an iPad app for mobile banking
- Improve the user interface of their internet banking (iother banks internet services are significantly better)
- Have on-screen keypads for passwords rather than typing on your keyboard (for added security)
- When you call the call-centre:
(a) you have to go through 20 options on the phone keypad selection process but then you still end up getting transferred to at least another 2 people because the first ones could not assist you. The phone direct-options should be improved.
(b) You are prompted to enter your card number by the voice activated system but then when you are transferred to an agent, they ask you to give them the card number again. Why?
- Have you ever tried to look for something on their website. It is way too complicated and can be almost impossible to find things.

McT
03-16-2012, 07:45 PM
My experience with Nedbank is limited to a home loan. I also tried getting vehicle finance through them, but found their requirements far to bureaucratic. Too much form filling. The interest rate wasn't too bad, but I ultimately went with MFC.

My experience with home loan with Nedbank was appalling. It all started when I wanted to switch my loan to a flexi/access loan. I was well ahead in my repayments, as I had been paying in amounts when I could (trying to speed up repayment). I had to speak to an operator in a call centre who either did not or would not understand my request.

I eventually went into a bank at Cresta and got shunted from pillar to post. I filled in forms and waited over 3 weeks before I followed up to find out what the outcome of application was. The short is I got declined with no logical reason. So I went shopping at FNB (all my other accounts were with them).

They were obliging and made me feel like I was king. Once accepted, I served out my 3 months notice period with Nedbank and moved on.

Cancellation of my home loan was further pain (with Nedbank). Only toward the end of the notice period did anyone call me to see if they could retain my business. Too late.

So here are my recommendations on things to improve:

communication skills need to be improved ... I am not another number!
do not shunt your customer around ... take ownership of the case and either sort it or find the right person who can
I found the bank to be inflexible.
retention of business is easier and less costly than new business (fact!)

Pr⊕phet
03-16-2012, 07:46 PM
5 – Excellent (much better than expected)

tatjanochka
03-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Happy with Nedbank, except they are not so "green" as they claim. They send out a lot of unsolicited mail, which could save a lot of trees.

mikaME
03-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Their service levels are quite good. I've never had a problem - have my cheque account, vehicle finance, credit card and homeloan with them.

Convenience can be greatly improved. They need more ATMs as well as a smartphone app for banking.

Pricing I find to be competitive. Very happy with my savvy fee structure (all SA banks are rip offs so can't really complain).

I have to admit that fnbs innovative solutions are very tempting. It would be nice to see Nedbank follow suit. I would also love to see an iPad offer like fnb. Nedbanks rewards program is also not very competitive - I think it's about 0.5% effective cash back with greenbacks which is extremely low. Greenbacks is more of a btw benefit rather than being something a prospective client would be influenced by. The procedure to check balances and redeem is also very inconvenient.

mikaME
03-16-2012, 08:57 PM
And btw to McT - MFC is owned and run by Nedbank.

jellievis
03-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Must say that I have very little trouble with Nedbank's service, but I am a private bank client and I am sure that can make a difference in certain instances.

jannievdberg
03-17-2012, 06:32 AM
Very happy with Nedbank overall except for their callcentres, extremely slow service and non-existent communication.

Bernie
03-17-2012, 08:35 AM
With Nedbank private bank - get excellent rates, and great service from banker.

The only thing that bugs me is that if I go into a branch they cannot do anything on my account it has to go through private bank - I dont see why this should be the case - 1 bank - 1 system - this can be a bit inconvenient at times though.

Domin0
03-17-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm rather happy with them, though I had to reapply for some account changes twice since they cant seem to do it right the first time, other than that, theyre decent

Xenophyl
03-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Rates are fine for me as a student. I think customer service would be the most important to improve upon.

feo
03-17-2012, 04:49 PM
So for me, Nedbank is good, though far from great.

First off, Internet banking is adequate. From the little I've used of their rivals Internet banking platforms, Nedbank is lagging behind. The other responses in this thread are correct that Nedbank is lagging behind technology wise and in terms of innovation too. The internet banking works but "feels" very unprofessional. Even when using something like PayPal I feel a lot more at ease, if that makes any sense. They also need to wake up and put out a banking app for popular OSes like iOS and android. Their website and Internet banking site also need to be tablet friendly, which it's not at the moment.

Next up, accounts and cards. I really don't do anything fancy with my savings account so the usual monthly EFTs and debit orders work as expected. Fees are a ambit high though, not that I monitor that a whole lot. Physically swiping my credit card somewhere works fine but when using it online, I have a headache. They have this thing called a 3D secure gateway page that I have to use when making purchases from some websites and that is a real pain in the behind. I specifically look for sites that let me use PayPal or Google Checkout to avoid that gateway page, it's just plain annoying. My mom's Discovery card has no such nonsense.

Last, physical branches, I really can't say much about that as I do everything pretty much everything online. I'm about to get some forex from them so will update my post with my experience there. Other than that, I haven't had bad service on the few occasions that I have had to walk into a branch. If anything, the only thing that would make me happier is for them to staff up more more month end periods, the banks are a real mess around payday weekend and none of them are learning how to properly handle the crowds.

Overall, good banking but could be much much better.

Oh and they are also a bit slow on the social networking angle, yes they have Twitter and Facebook accounts but they really need to be a lot more active on there. Just look at Microsoft as an example of a company that leverages off Twitter to provide support to their customers, their twitter support is brilliant.

otob
03-17-2012, 07:08 PM
I mostly bank online and so far no problems overall good service.
Improvements can come in branch customer service etc. this are the problems i come across whenever im stepping into a branch.

hugos
03-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Mostly use internet banking, but it is ok

D34M0n7
03-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Nedbank is alright, they just manage to get a score of satisfactory in my books... but they are nothing special. Been thinking of moving to FNB because Nedbank is not innovative at all.

I feel like I've been sucked into the 90's when I'm using their internet banking. They seriously need to work on that.

Jester01
03-19-2012, 07:55 AM
I am very happy with nedbank, all around.

ice_cubes
03-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Their cheque acount fees are high and some of their account packages dupilcate each other yet the price difference is very high. One such example is their everyday cheque account vs the gold cheque account (cant remember the exact name). They both offer the exact same services, yet there is about a R30 difference in the fixed basic monthly fee!

When they took over OldMutual bank, they simply dumped their products on the OldMutual clients (at a higher monthly fee). I am one such client, fortunately I managed to pick it up & it was rectified.

Overall, their callcentre system works for me & their internet banking is also ok.

teacherlady
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Customer service skills are seriously lacking in most of the branches. I applied for an increase on my homeloan. Had to re apply 5 times as the agent told me that the amount was either too low or too high. It was like playing the lotto. I eventually gave up. Agent never phoned to confirm last application.

TiaanM
03-19-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm happy with Nedbank's service, bank queues are short, cashiers are informed and their internet banking is especially easy to use and robust.

One point of inprovement:

More ATM's please - especially in Pretoria

try time
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I have to agree, the atm side is Nedbank 's downfall. Very slow and too few. However people forget that they can withdraw from PicknPay at a minimal service fee.

The biggest gripe is with their Greenbacks where they sneak the points to Rand values up. The decrease in value of your greenbacks that takes place on the 1st April though has been better publicized though. So beware shopping center vouchers are no longer 3500 gets you R100, it is now 3800 gets you R100. Redeem soon.

pietmuis
03-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Bank charges are too high, does not matter that it is relevant to all banks in SA, it is still too high. I am paying almost R50 a month for admin fees on my bond. What for? To have a system automatically calculate interest and a statement once a quarter?

pietmuis
03-19-2012, 01:48 PM
The biggest gripe is with their Greenbacks where they sneak the points to Rand values up. The decrease in value of your greenbacks that takes place on the 1st April though has been better publicized though. So beware shopping center vouchers are no longer 3500 gets you R100, it is now 3800 gets you R100. Redeem soon.

Thanks for this one!

wavesailor
03-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Their internet banking sucks - you cannot view more than 20 transactions for your Credit Card or Garage Card.

Their banking fees / charges are absurdly high

Deezil
03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Very happy with them ... don't use branches much though, only to collect expired ATM cards and such which reminds me that they can do with a bit more ATM's out there! Compared to the rest they are a bit of a joke.

Danie_V
03-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Really want more innovative products - just see FNB and ABSA pulling ahead (sorry: Ahead) in this area. Also car finance is very cumbersome by comparison to other banks. Otherwise the actual service is very good.

Dreamer
03-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Monthly charges are ridiculous (worse than Standard Bank)
SMS notifications are useless as they are sometimes sent a day or more later, are sent in batches with 1 total amount so you cannot see who deducted the money, are sent from different numbers everytime so i have sms's all over the place instead of being grouped under one number.

DeathStrike
03-19-2012, 05:19 PM
I have been a Nedbank customer since i was 2 years old.. :P (Mom opened a savings account for me)
I still have that savings account and i am not 24 years old.

I have opened a cheque account and credit card with them. also just applied for a home loan from them.

Everytime i go there they make me feel like i am the most important person in the bank.

People always complain about bad service.

I have had an absa account as well and i must say i was disgusted by the difference.

Nedbank is the best bank for me right now and who knows maybe forever.

irshaad
03-19-2012, 05:27 PM
I have had it with Nedbank. I have already opened an FNB account and already I'm seeing the many advantages.
I've made many suggestions to Nedbank regarding their mobi web banking and sms alerts, all of which falls on deaf ears.
Nedbank offers me no rewards and no incentives. Their queues at enquiries, especially at Cape Town branch are bad, month-end or not.
On a good note though, their fraud unit is quite pro-active, fortunately, so is FNB's

psainsbury
03-19-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm busy moving to FNB from Nedbank. I've never had great service from my personal bankers (I've been allocated many since I opened my account in 2000), and in the last 6 months my current personal banker has managed to mess up every single interaction I've had with him in some way or another. This coupled with the fact that he "can't sort out issues across divisions" was my last straw in leaving. (I'd asked a question about something credit card related and he gave me the exucse that he can't work "across divisions")

Majick
03-19-2012, 06:02 PM
The number one reason I am with Nedbank is that they gave me the best home loan rate by far. This saves me thousands of Rands over the bond term.

Also the opening times of the branch in Centurion mall is very convenient.

Some things I would like to see:
- More ATMs!
- I would definitely not a mind a similar tablet deal like FNB (but it is not enough to make me switch to FNB)

MongooseMan
03-19-2012, 06:47 PM
useless on so many levels

Pooky
03-19-2012, 06:52 PM
I used to use Nedbank but now I'm using Capitec mainly. That said, Nedbank never gave me any troubles and it's nice to have more ATM's around than Capitec.

ave
03-19-2012, 07:07 PM
4/5

things to look into:
those ATM/Self service terminals are frequently out of paper or out of order.
Enquiry queues too long.
Procedure to see a financial consultant is not streamlined. You often wait in their lounge for ages without anyone knowing you are there. And those who do, seem to leave you for someone else.

Matsepane
03-19-2012, 07:21 PM
I am generally happy with Nedbank.i have opened business and personal accounts with them without any problem,after i was turned down by FNB.
Things that they need to improve on:
1.real time SMS notifications.Sometimes their SMS notification are received after long hours after the transaction was made.Their Internet Banking Log On notification SMS only send when logging on using Personal Computer,but when using mobile internet banking nothing notification.
2.Their mobile website does not nicely support Android devices(using HTC Wildfire).You will find part of the website missing on the phone screen
3.I will be more happy to see more branches and ATMs,especially in the rural areas.
4.They must Develop multi task mobile website e.g able to buy electricity or Lotto through my bank

cbrunsdonza
03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Happy with Nedbank - not my main bank account but they still gave me a better offer than Standard Bank for my car purchase - seriously considering moving all our business to them.

inferno
03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Not too bad. I use them for business and they have always preformed as expected.

Twidanny
03-19-2012, 07:59 PM
They charged me R10.60 to draw money out of my own account from a Nedbank ATM the other day. They Are expensive but service wie not too bad. I prefer FNB's fantastic customer orientated products and offers.

Renesongs
03-19-2012, 08:26 PM
I am fairly satisfied with Nedbank as they are slightly less offensive than the rest. I still cannot fathom why in the electronic age why it takes 7 banking days for a cheque to clear. Certainly this must be a throwback to the 19th century or before?

kolakidd
03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
I left Nedbank over a year ago for FNB and it's like being on a different planet.

FNB has a customer centric approach, to explain this simply to anyone working at Nedbank, this is basically where you actually give a s about the customer. You care enough about the customer to built systems to allow them to manage their finances on their own terms, and not where you maintain outdated systems to make your customers lives a living hell!

Nedbank was a business bank that transitioned into a retail bank, and quite frankly I don't think they're ever properly shifted.

Here's a kicker though even though I left Nedbank over a year ago, and have cancelled all my accounts I still faithfully receive a Greenbacks statement every month with a balance of R 0.00. Now that's priceless.

saulmarg
03-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Nedbank are OK. Internet site is very basic, and often is slow.

I try not to go into the bank but when I do, they are pleasant and efficient, much better than they used to be.

Fees are quite reasonable.

Devious_ZA
03-19-2012, 09:09 PM
I am with NEDBANK 9 years, all been sun-shine so far! :cool:

lg127
03-19-2012, 09:25 PM
I would like to be able to view and manage my loans (car, personal) on the Nedbank website.

sin_x
03-19-2012, 09:56 PM
My experience with Nedbank has been average at best.

My biggest gripe is finding Nedbank ATMs. They are typically only available INSIDE malls, which I avoid like the plague.
Also, Nedbank regularly processes debit orders due to them 2 or 3 days before the contracted date. Not cool. Looking for another bank. Capitec seems above board?

bigicy
03-19-2012, 11:47 PM
I am generally happy with the service.

However some of the staff at branches are not very helpful.

mika1000
03-20-2012, 12:17 AM
got a savings, cheque, credit card and several business accounts for many years without any problems. lately my branch even got chairs while you wait for a teller. fee's could be cheaper. nice and friendly customer service.

Dogmatrix
03-20-2012, 08:19 AM
I have been with 2 of the other banks, what a nightmare. Nedbank went from the most expensive to the cheapest over the years, why ... because their service is excellent. They cover all my needs and I can afford it. Thank you.

aidenmark
03-20-2012, 08:19 AM
My move to nedbank 5 years ago was mostly motivated by a) crappy service from standard bank and b) they were the cheapest. I enjoy keeping my money, and not spending it on bank fees, so nedbank won. They have since given me a homeloan at the best rate of all the banks and i can easily manage it from my internet banking. and of late you can also open investment accounts online, and manage them from there, which makes my life awesome, because i never have to go into the bank.

that being said, if i could move over to fnb i would, because of their electronic banking systems, the mobile phone application and the amazing services from them ( buying shares, buying kruger rands, etc)

Onraji
03-20-2012, 08:38 AM
More features on Internet Banking

Monkey101
03-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Recently changed from Nedbank to FNB and all i can say is GOOD RIDDANCE to Nedbank. What FNB offers vs Nedbank is like comparing night and day.

freeek
03-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Nedbank is a great bank, I have no issues with them at all. I pay very little charges, the queues are short over all quite happy. The only thing that makes me feel a little uncertain is FNBs fuel rewards, if Nedbank can offer a similiar reward that would be great!

scubes
03-20-2012, 08:46 AM
I am pretty happy with them. Only gripe would be increase in business banking charges a few times above inflation.

krycor
03-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Out of all the banks I have to say Nedbank is far behind times with their products and services.. And we not talking IT systems, just ask them what banking packages they have and you soon realise that there is no innovative solutions to be found. Their internet banking system is 'ok' but then this same banking system was available by others 5 years ago? Basically they, Nedbank, are stuck in the 'these are the handful packages i offer, take it or leave it' way of doing business.. it's 2012, that's the way you get left behind.

Basically Nedbank needs serious work on 1. creating banking products with some customizability(FNB and ABSA lead here somewhat), 2. serious investment in IT systems(FNB leads here).

Crowley
03-20-2012, 09:16 AM
I am pretty happy although my banking charges can be a nightmare sometimes. Also they need to get a banking app like FNB has.

remus786
03-20-2012, 09:21 AM
The Nedbank packages on offer are mediocre at best, the website is archaic and to echo the comments above just plaining lacking innovation, where is my Nedbank mobile app?

The only real reason I bank with them is the close proximity of a Nedbank to my home and work and the excellent service I receive from the well trained, friendly staff who are there to pacify me when the systems are usually offline.

RVFmal
03-20-2012, 09:35 AM
They can communicate better with their clients and return calls when messages are left with their Business Managers. Not overly impressed with their service and are pricier than some of their competitors.

Oliver
03-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I have already rated ABSA and FNB for my personal banking and Standard Bank for my Business Banking. I only use Nedbank for a savings and investment account.

Service levels - average.

Pricing - Their fees are ridiculous. Very expensive.

Convenience - Below average. Their internet banking is nothing special. Other banks have much better internet banking facilities.

I'm not impressed with Nedbank. The savings and investment account will be closed soon and will look at other options.

SilverCode
03-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Been with Nedbank for about 17 years now. I've always considered them to have great service levels, but lately though, I've become dismayed at their banking charges. Their ATM presence is also sometimes an issue, and I have to actively hunt down an ATM.

ajbawa
03-20-2012, 11:00 AM
I rate Nedbank a (2) for the following reasons:

- Website is basic compared to FNB
- No banking apps for Andriod (or IOS etc.)
- Certain functionality is only available online and other only at branch (changing pins, changing limits).
I prefer not to use a branch as far as possible but can't avoid it due to a lack of a complete online offering.

Trixanno
03-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Every time I hear the 'Steve' adds, I think of Nedbank. I've been a customer for 8 years now, but in that time, nothing has changed for me, it's all still the same old same old...no new 'cool' innovations. I think it's time for a revamp to make the bank as a whole, more attractive, and to keep current customers interested.
The FNB offering is an intriguing one however, and I'm preparing to move over.

DjStyles
03-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Unfortunately i no longer share the sentiment of many in this topic. I have been with Nedbank for nearly 18yrs now and like they have done nothing but take money from me. In fact imagine my horror when my own bank would not finance my vehicle or my house due to a clerical error on their part. I have had incredible service and value from both Standard Bank & FNB.

In fact i have been torn with moving my account to FNB, as it just seems that they are really forward thinking and understand what their client require from them as Bank & as TRUSTED financial institution.

Sorry Nedbank. you no longer have my vote of confidence.

Dean
03-20-2012, 11:21 AM
They can reduce their disproportionately high business EFT fees.

DenSweep
03-20-2012, 11:33 AM
They are really very good and professional. Can't say I've ever had any issues. Processed two home loans through them already and still happy. Day to day transactions etc also painless. Love that they are also adapting to the times, ie the new feature whereby you can cancel transactions by SMS.

neelsblom
03-20-2012, 02:10 PM
service fees are confusing (deliberately?) - especially with the month "cycle" from when 'til when your balance needs to be maintained to avoid bank charges
services fees too high. why should I pay "debit order" fees when money goes electronically from my NEDBANK savings account to my NEDBANK homeloan account every month?
if my savings deposit balance drops below R5000 for just ONE day in the month, I get penalized until the next "cycle"! very sneaky, as Nedbank still has my money to invest and make money off for the entire month except that one day
online banking not as efficient as it could be. would also prefer an onscreen keypad for entering PIN and password, like Virgin Money has

evilspinach
03-20-2012, 07:35 PM
1. ATM availability.
2. I'd have preferred to keep vehicle financing with them but fnb/wesbank are slick compared. Pure online applications make life so much easier.
3. Transaction fees make me I'll when I look at statements.

Quintus26
03-21-2012, 01:46 AM
Nedbank's internet banking is simple and unrivaled. Even for a student, Nedbank is the easiest, no worries, provider. Their rates are very reasonable and starting accounts for young and old is very easy. Their staff are kind and informative. Absa can buy lots of TV air time but they surely cannot amount to the same creative edge that Nedbank has. Nedbank cares about the people instead of the money. Come on...lets be honest :)

Dragon_Void
03-22-2012, 06:55 AM
My experience with nedbank is/was good. Looking at my experience, there is no bad experiences I got the past year. Going to a branch, it is hassle free, the queue's is always short, and personnel is always friendly. Transfers is usually quick. Internet banking is ok, GUI could be better, but it works, so there is no problem there. There is bad things though, there can be people queueing, yet there will only be 2 - 3 people that is working, and that actually makes everything slow.

If I had to rate nedbank, I would give them a 4, for their good but not to good service.

Thurnie
03-22-2012, 02:09 PM
I have a huge issue with their Online Banking website. It is stuck in the 1990`s. The interface and how you interact with it is very archaic. Limited options and not supported by all browsers. As a web designer, it pains me to use it every time. you have upgraded your website but left your internet banking interface exactly the same. A big disconnect to the user.. very bad!

The ATM`s are horrible. and they have become smaller too.. Why are they so slow? who exactly is in charge of your IT department or outsourced to do it? Use the money you over-charge us on fees to build a better user interface on the ATM`s. Speed up the processes and allow them to link to a server where your options are pre-selected. Like someone said - we dont want to select the same options every single time (language and slips).. also move the 1500 option away from "other amount" - the buttons are so close that i select the wrong one.. usability issues.. Make the working area of the user bigger on the ATM`s.. Like Standard Banks` ATM`s.. It like heaven when you look at it.

SMS`s - they seem to be delayed or dont come at all.. And the service is also not free. So why do i pay for it when it does not work as it suppose to?

With FNB you havnt even inserted or swiped your card and the sms comes? why cant you learn from other institutions or speak to the people that know how to do it - its not like you don't have the money???

Also get to work on the iPhone/iPad app.. Not just to make us happier, but to put yourselves on the map. You know, like FNB did?

Generally happy with over-the-counter issues, havnt had much issues. neither with phone-banking. So pretty pleased there.

Also cut down on the amount of paper that is used in the bank, get touch screens and use thumb-scanning as a signature - most accurate when compared to a signature. Every time i need something done, friendly as it may be, i get slammed with at least 3 pages that i need to sign. not good for a bank that's self-proclaimed "GREEN"???

Be Innovative, and for gods sake - MAKE THINGS HAPPEN - like the slogan says.

fordguy
03-22-2012, 03:26 PM
I've been with them for years and the only reason i'm still with them is my credit rating. i HATE their Greenbacks, i HATE their lack of ATM's, i HATE their online payment verification VERIFY system - It's absolute drivel. Their in bank service though is 7/10.There I've rated my bank.

yeti
03-22-2012, 03:57 PM
I very recently moved from Nedbank, here’s why:

When I opened my Nedbank Savy account, which is bundled with phone and online banking services (amongst others), I was unable to transact online or use the phone banking services as they had not taken my cell phone number (used several times on the application form) and activated it for these services. This required me to go back to the bank and request (demand) it be activated. I was told this was an oversight and that as part of the registration process this should happen if it was indicated in the application (it was).

In 2011 I applied for a Credit Card. This being my first credit card application, I was unaware of the length of time it would take. I waited the 2 weeks the lady suggested it would take to either accept or decline my credit card application. I went in to the branch to check the status of my application, to which I was subsequently told that it was still pending, and I should be contacted within the next 2 weeks notifying me of the status of my application, and where/when I could collect my card.
I forgot about this for 3 months, being highly distracted with moving, work, etc., and not having a direct need for the card it slipped to the back of my mind.
I went in after 3 months only to find that the branch had no credit card applications on record for my account.

Even if you excuse the aforementioned story down to an ill-equipped/incompetent or otherwise branch/individual, I found that the transparency for the per-transaction charges at Nedbank was horrendous - prepending my monthly statement with a lump sum of charges. I contacted their call centre to ascertain where I could find the breakdown of this fee (so I could determine how much I was spending on ATM withdrawals and other specific services, i.e. how I could optimise my spending) and the lady on the call offered to go through each transaction and tell me what it had cost me.

Finally, my experience of Nedbank (being my first bank) can hardly be described as objective or comparable (I only recently jumped ship and can't yet make a full comparison to my new bank).

BlueMango
03-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Great and quick service when I go to the Branch But Online interface also good I hardly need to go in

Oenophile
03-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Please rate Nedbank according to service levels, pricing and convenience (basically how happy you are with the bank).

Please also say how they can improve to make you a happier customer. You can post your feedback in this thread.

Nedbank service levels are pretty good on average andpersonnel are polite, friendly and helpful. They have finally installed ATMs in my small western Cape town, but I would like to see a branch or at least agency here. Banking fees are too high, like all SA banks. I would like to see better use of technology - phone apps etc, although their electronic banking is good and has a high availability.

Peterkb
03-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Nedbank is generally pretty good but their call center (like all call centers) can be very frustrating to deal with. They have some good pricing deals but you have to ask or search for them.

Ludjer
03-22-2012, 06:44 PM
I am happy with nedbank as my bank as well as their internet banking website.
Though their is one thing that i want to see is apps for android and IOS that would put the cherry ontop.

I would really love to see nedbank on Mint it is a really amazing application for tracking cash usage.

justing
03-22-2012, 08:07 PM
I am happy with the Electronic side of Nedbank with regards to the SMS messaging on transactions and internet banking. Firstly I would just like to see more nedbank ATM machines available and if they could please please put different software into the ATM machines as they are as slow and annoying as anything.

general banking I am happy with so far (even though I hardly ever see the inside of a bank anymore)

I agree Nedbank ATM's are extremely slow.

Bee52100
03-22-2012, 09:23 PM
There is no incentives for over 60's (lower fees etc) as other banks have unless you invest a large sum.

zaraalyssa
03-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Nedbank is pricey and a bit elitist, I only stick with them because i get paid from a nedbank account and it therefore clears quickly. Their image is good, but after sitting for hours in the bank I still could not change my account from the branch I opened it up in when 16. Over a decade later my signature has changed a bit and this is an insurmountable obstacle for them.

rossj81
03-23-2012, 09:23 AM
I was pissed off by Nedbank's use of fingerprint scanners and cameras at the branch entrances. This was a unilateral change to the terms I agreed to when I opened my account. I have not authorised Nedbank to collect and retain my personal data, and resent that Nedbank takes this liberty without my consent. It is a huge invasion of privacy. How do I know that the collected data will a) be stored securely, and b) not be intentionally shared with third-parties? I refuse to be scanned, so I closed the account.

Nicksteroonie
03-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Nedbank are fine as long as you dont have to go into a branch and deal with their staff.

Recently I had to make an EFT that I could not do online due to limits and I ended up going around in circles for 2 hours for what should be a simple and trivial matter.

Firstly, I called Telephone banking to increase my internet banking limit. I was shunted from pillar to post only to learn that I needed to go into a branch to increase my limit.

So I went to Randridge Mall branch and asked to speak to a personal banker. I was greeted with various dirty looks and finally a personal banker decided to help me but he couldnt remember his password to his workstation.

So I aimlessly walked around looking for someone to help me. I found the retail/small business banker, whom I have unfortunately dealt with previously, was the only one not busy with a client.

She had a miserable and dismissive attitude telling me that they can only perform the same functions in the branch as what I could do online on the Internet Banking Service.

So I decided to walk out and go all the way back to square one and call the call centre and do the EFT in two separate payments over to two days.

Dunemoth
03-23-2012, 11:02 AM
I've been a Nedbank client for 20 years now and boy things have changed

From a bank that was second to none in service and quality of customer experience to one that is now essentially trailing all the others including the small newcomer that is Capitec.

I accept that in time and with the inevitable development of technology we will end up interacting with our banks through technology more than in person. It is here though where Nedbank is really failing. Too many issues to mention but for instance there is no address book in internet banking to add numbers for which you can buy airtime.
Internet banking on the whole is lacking features and there is a generally poor user experience, not a system designed with the user in mind.
Nedbank has finally adopted social media but their use of twitter is disappointing - one gets the feeling that it's marketing people saying marketing things rather than dealing with issues on an operational level the way FNB does.
In many regards FNB is the current benchmark for user experience, effective resolution of issues and good communication with customers. Personal experience has proven that the wrong people with the wrong attitude is running social media at Nedbank.

franz
03-24-2012, 07:06 AM
Nedbank – Go Banking http://www.gobanking.co.za/ does it for me.
Haven’t been inside a Nedbank branch for years.
I do my banking via internet and at Pick & Pay tills.

fruitbat
03-24-2012, 07:17 PM

They fined me to offer Private Banking Services 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard any more since.

When I queried my homeowners insurance of R560.00 per month, they offered me R300.00. When I queried why I had been ripped off, the call was never returned
Peter Crawford

CuriouS
03-25-2012, 01:09 AM
They gave me a great experience when no other bank could help me out. I needed a card to do online payments and they were the only bank who would provide me with one! Their site could be a bit better, with all the different pins and login info it can get a bit confusing!

Yasheel
04-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Nedbank services I find Fair. Fees are not exorbitant, services are not out of this world. But they do the job. Good enough for me

spartacvs
05-31-2012, 11:14 PM
I quite like nedbank, never had problems before, and they're always friendly and able to help quickly. Suppose more atms would be nice, but it's probably not needed as I hardly ever have to wait a long time anyway.

wallsend
06-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I think Nedbank is overpriced; atleast that is the perception I had. Also, I felt dealing with them to being quite cumbersome.

I recently Moved to FNB and it's been great!