PDA

View Full Version : Please rate Capitec Bank

Rudolph Muller
03-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Please rate Capitac Bank according to service levels, pricing and convenience (basically how happy you are with the bank).

Please also say how they can improve to make you a happier customer. You can post your feedback in this thread.

03-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Capitec is very good to me, with low fees, high interest on my saving accounts, excellent internet banking and friendly, helpful staff. The only improvement I can suggest is to also offer credit cards, so I can have all my banking with one institution.

rodga
03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by low costs and excellent service thast I have recieved from Capitec
I opened up an account to just test it out
Ive been so impressed that I will leaving my current bank and will either have Capitec or FNB as my main account.

Only thing that makes me want to not make you my main acc is that you dont offer a credit card yet.

I am a happy client and reccommend you guys when ever the subject comes up.

Pooky
03-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Capitec is awesome for swiping my card as this is free. The internet banking is a bit annoying with the digitag thingy as I can't log in if I don't have it with me.

supersunbird
03-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Capitec is awesome for swiping my card as this is free. The internet banking is a bit annoying with the digitag thingy as I can't log in if I don't have it with me.

Attach it to your home keys ring...

supersunbird
03-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Internet banking must get cellphone airtime purchasing. I know it is now possible with cellphone banking but I dont use cellphone banking.

Otherwise its a great bank.

Just1ce
03-16-2012, 04:22 PM
I must say I like Capitec.

Only thing I can fault them is not having a credit card facility yet.

Species8472
03-16-2012, 04:30 PM
I would love to have a decent internet banking app for my Android phone.

A credit card will also help them with a more complete product, but I am happy with my Virgin Money card at the moment.

Other than that I am very happy with them.

Species8472
03-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Attach it to your home keys ring...

Or get the phone app :)

burn
03-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Low transparent fees, excellent services and a refreshing common sense approach to banking.

Hamster
03-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Their service is good and using the biometric scanners to identify you is very cool. Their rates are good (that one account is a very good place to stash an emergency fund). Their online banking is easy but feels a bit low tech.

Other than that I am a very happy customer :)

chrisc4290
03-16-2012, 05:02 PM
I only use them for internet banking and it is excellent. The key they provide is much better than another bank's cellphone verification, as sometimes SMS don't arrive.

It was a bit strange opening the account as I was the only white person in the branch and the lady was a bit taken aback that I didn't want a loan. She also did not know the FICA rules very well and had to keep asking someone what to do

Other than that they are first class. I save over R 500 a month in fees compared with my previous bank (begins with an "N") which is what it is all about, given that everything else works the same

It is only available to private customers, not business which restricts it a bit. There is no Forex.

ocleroux
03-16-2012, 05:19 PM
I love Capitec. When I do have to go into branch to deposit some cash it goes super quick..never a queue there....only people there are the ones opening accounts I think lol.

One thing I would like though is for them to start offering credit cards. I am happy with my Virgin Money card...but would like to have everything under one bank....provided their offering on credit cards are as good as their savings accounts.

Oh and another plus for them...I am actually making money by banking with them...my monthly interest covers my monthly fee (if you can call R4.00 that) and also my debit order fees with a bit to spare :-)

I have a second linked savings account where I am building a little nest egg...growing very slowly....but hey...with the monthly interest I am getting it goes that little bit faster :-)

Thanks Capitec.

NOW GIMME ME TABLET!!!! :mad:

:p

R13...
03-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Rated good, if they could offer checking accounts at this service levels and interest rates I'd move all banking over to them, but as it is they are only good for savings. The service they offer is very good (very high interest rates on lending though - they only ever do short term (unsecured) loans)

Zenbaas
03-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Very happy with Capitec. Their fees are excellent and I use my debit card all the time. Would love an android banking app to use although the online site work pretty well.

cavedog
03-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Best bank i have used so far. I mean the capitect branch here is Open on Sunday's. What more do you want?

Toilet_Duck
03-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Gave them a 4. They need credit card and more ATMs.

Shake&Bake
03-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Nearly 5 years now with Capitec and no complaints.
Of the 3 times I had to enter a branch, I was helped efficiently and never had to wait longer that 5 minutes to be assisted.
Cheapest fees on the market, saving me at least R400 a month from my previous bank I had an account with.
Free internet banking, free swiping, cheapest rates when actually having to draw cash from Pick 'n Pay or any ATM.

What I would appreciate was some of intergration to make c/card based purchases online.
Don't want a credit card per say, but even if there was a means to say generate virtual credit cards by means of an app or within the Internet Banking - something along the lines of VCPay (https://www.vcpay.co.za/Default.aspx).
And then have that transaction being affected from the Global One account or to even have a TopUp account for the purpose linked to the Global One account. That'd be heaven :)

VioletF
03-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Their fess are unbeatable... Their service levels are very good but their internet banking website needs some work. You can't do things like change your details, for instance.

Being able to draw money cheaply at Shoprite, Checkers and PnP is very convenient.

Also, having to carry that Token thing around with me is annoying. I'd prefer it if they sent the TokenID to my cellphone (as much as I hate to admit it, this is one area where ABSA does it better).

Kuga
03-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Capitec is pretty awesome.

Low fees on transactions, and free debit card purchases at shops.

Sutekj
03-19-2012, 12:24 AM
Service levels: Adequate
Pricing: This is where Capitec shines. Extremely well priced and best interest rates for small savings. They blow all other banks out of the water here.
Convenience: Adequate

How can they improve? When I went to open my account the atmosphere inside the bank was very informal, in a bad way. It didn't strike me as professional. It made me feel a little uneasy about banking with them. This was the Cape Town branch in the CBD. It was their incredible rates that make me ignore this fact.

JEDMAR
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM
I too was somewhat wary about banking with Capitec and just dipped my toes in and was really surprised. Great bank, great pricing, great interest and most definitely much better than expected. While expanded services might be great (credit cards) I'd hate if that had to come at the expense of the fantastic pricing/interest rates that Capitec offers. They might look instead to partner with other providers like Virgin for example to extend a credit card facility to their customers conveniently rather than directly.

Cicero11
03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Great bank, best thing is that the bank is open on a Sunday. Find the internet dongle irritating when attach to my keyring.

rhvf
03-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Low transparent fees, excellent services and a refreshing common sense approach to banking.

why can't all banks be like this?

technofool
03-19-2012, 05:11 PM
I've been very pleasantly surprised. The horrible, unnecessary 'internet dongle' is gone and Capitec has none of the arrogant attitude of the 'Big 4' banks. I doubt Capitec refers to their clients as muppets, if you still bank with one of the Big 4, you are a muppet. :-)

Denyed
03-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Quick, efficient, easy to understand fee structure, earn interest in my current account that's greater than most banks savings accounts!

Could do with a few more ATM's although it's easy enough to draw money at pick n pay etc whenever I need to - which is rare! A credit card facility would be nice/cheque card (although I hear they introducing cheque chip and pin cards?)

By far the best bank for buck!

inferno
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Not too bad. I use them for business and they have always preformed as expected.

cbrunsdonza
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
I give them a 5 stars as its a no thrill bank account for my savings - works like a charm. Will open up bank accounts for my kids with them as well. Until they can offer Bonds and credit cards I just consider them a better alternative to a piggy bank - at least they don't rip me a big one like Standard Bank do

roberth
03-19-2012, 09:39 PM
I like the low cost, high interest element, but the low number of ATM's and limited and basic looking internet banking could use some improvement. I guess that's what you get if you want low fees though

Barge
03-20-2012, 12:04 AM
very low costs. Sometimes @ shoprite it's hard to find a till to draw a couple thousand early in the day. But one learns to work with that for the sake of low bank fees. I like the zero debit fees on purchases.

brendan667
03-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Zero debit fees - awesome
High savings account interest - awesome
Never having to go into the branch with internet banking - awesome

Capitec is great!

duderoo
03-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Home Loans and Credit Cards, would be nice.

ALIMAYET
03-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Besides the cost that is low, there service, Teller+Call Centre and Response from Senior Personel is SUPER [ UNHEARD OF FROM OTHER BANKS!!!!!!!!]
I do not LIKE Capitec BUT love CAPITEC'S cost and SERVICE.

MoeCorly
03-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Low fees,good services.Love it when you walk into the bank.Don't have to worry about filling out any deposit forms.Just give your card and it's done within seconds.internet banking is cheap compare to other banks and you don't have to worry about getting 101 sms's when doing banking.Just use your capitec dongle and it's sorted out.

jimbr
03-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Exceeded my expectations - I changed to Capitec because the charges associated with my accounts at 2 mainline banks were killing me! I thought that Capitiec, with their lower and transparent fees plus interest on savings a/c were worth a try but I must say that I went in with low expectations. In fact, I found that I was able to do almost everything I was used to and to do it efficiently with significant savings. The only additional service I would like to see is the ability to recharge cell phones via internet banking.

Vlad
03-20-2012, 11:25 AM
i must say, after reading these comments i'm convinced to open up a capitec account ...
currently with FNB, and although they're good, the fees and low interest rates do bug me. It seems capitec is the best place for a savings account.

brendonhatcher
03-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Capitech fees are great.
Service levels are good.
Product offerings are basic, but expanding all the time (I just got their phone app to replace the physical digitag for Internet banking)

Brendon

Finglet
03-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Gave them a 4. They need credit card and more ATMs.

Why do you want ATM's when you can pay R1 per transaction at Shoprite, Pick n Pay, PEP, etc.??
My branch is next to PEP & close to Shoprite. It works out far cheaper not to use their ATM.

wentworth2004
03-20-2012, 01:17 PM
I really like Capitec as a cheap and easy bank. One thing I find a little annoying is the R10g cap per account they have to earn the highest interest rate. It means you have to open a couple of accounts and therefore increase the charges (only a little but still).

Must say I do get a little jealous of FNB customers with their mobile app and cheap smart phones/tablets

Finglet
03-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Service levels - Capitec is by far ahead of other banks, but as they are becoming more popular, we have to wait a bit longer to get their attention.
Pricing - By far ahead of the other banks with lowest rates. Closed all mine and my family accounts at other banks and do everything through Capitec. I have a small business and even run my business account with a Capitec Account. Even their Merchant (Credit/Debit Card) machine works out far cheaper than the bigger criminal banks.
Convenience - Surprising how many towns have a Capitec Branch, and every town has a place where I can draw when necessary.
How they can improve? - Credit Card? Don't become greedy and unethical like your opposition. Put security camera's in all branches.

markcpt
03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Excellent bank. I am totally suprised with the level of service. I opened a personal account with Capitec after I had had enough of ABSA BS! Features of the account is exactly what I was looking for, their service whenever I have been to the bank is excellent and the low cost fees. What else can i say. Oh, and it is always nice getting an sms every months saying that my interest was more than my fees. So effectively No Cost Banking!

Improvements - offer more like credit card facilities and business accounts.

eegee
03-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Like many others, I am very happy with the services provided by Capitec Bank and I would also like to see a credit card offering in the future.

MontyWeb
03-22-2012, 01:23 PM
I love Capitec, they have the best rates, fast / friendly service, simple internet banking system & not around to rip off their clients. 15 out of 10 to them! I would love them even more if they could start offering business banking accounts & perhaps Paypal but no stress, because they don't give me any... ;)

gjmellet
03-22-2012, 01:52 PM
I like Capitec, but they can improve their online banking to be more user friendly and they should also offer a chip&pin card.

Boballob
03-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Exelent service and pricing , credit card would make this bank perfect

jcloubser
03-22-2012, 03:51 PM
I also think Capitec is the best!
Just love their "no frills approach". Everything is simple and easy!
I too swapped my internet "dongle" for an easy-to-use Blackberry app. Just a quick visit to the branch and I was sorted.

Boballob
03-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Thankfully it appears they did not join the cartel

PPJ
03-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Just keep it up Capitec, do not get pushed, corrupted or pulled in by the cartell. They will start going for you as you have lasted much longer that they hoped, or expected. Please show them that it can be done even more. Do not make any errors now.

Aging Bull
03-22-2012, 10:27 PM
The best no-frills bank around!

get_real
03-23-2012, 06:20 AM
Capitec doesnt have business banking .

FirewallSA
03-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Capitec is a good bank.
I have not had any problems the few times I have visited a branch.
Their internet banking website is simple clean and to the point.
Their savings interest rates are better than all banks except one, and this is only recently.

lolabythesea
03-23-2012, 10:01 AM
I think they could provide more ATMs and provide a credit card facility. I am a very happy Capitec customer and have been since they started. Low fees and high interest. Love it.

Harry Jakson
03-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Capitec is awesome. I actually get interest that more than covers my bank charges. I love the fact that I don't need to carry my ID with me in case I want to go to the back. I believe credit facilities are coming soon and I'll be have to swap that over as well.

janetpage
03-23-2012, 01:15 PM
The one thing that I am so impressed about this bank is that they do not put through debit orders until your salary goes through.
My salary was a day late and I was stressing that there would be so much bank charges because of returned debit orders but when i phoned them I was so pleasantly surprised that they told me that they will not put through the debit orders until my salary goes in.

janetpage
03-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Another thing is that Insurance Companies are really quick to make deductions off your account and very slow to rectify this problem...often you don't even get the entire amount refunded. Capitec refunded the entire amount in 3 days. I was so impressed.

gerhard247
04-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Low fees. Excellent interest returns on savings. Simplistic banking. Would love to have the option available of loading pre-paid airtime available on their internet banking. Although available on cellphone/mobile banking, I have only managed to load airtime to MTN and Vodacom, CellC gives a permanent error?

Richard23
04-07-2012, 03:08 PM
I find Capitec to be extremely helpful and friendly. They are always good to their customers. My only concern is the amount of Capitec ATM's around and the fact that they are only found at Capitec branches and close at the same time as the bank itself. Especially when cash is needed from accounts only accessible from Capitec ATM's. I am aware that you can use online banking to make the money available at any other ATM but then the fact is that internet access is not available to all and when it is, it often comes with a fee. Personally I can live with the withdrawal fees from other banks ATM's but it can also put a dent in somebody else's pay check.

waz7710
06-01-2012, 08:23 AM
have been very surprised by their service offering........good surprise!

dews
06-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Capitec is everything I want in a bank.
I mean its literally the best bank in the southern hemisphere.
Even when you visit the branch, its weird at first but you kinda leave with a warm feeling inside, its difficult to explain.

Anyway, i would suggest that everyone move to capitec at once.

Its a very simply way of banking, but that is what banking should be, in my opinion.

What you dont get with capitec is credit cards, which do not bother me

Billybee
06-01-2012, 11:07 AM
This survey is absolutely useless to those not using Capitec Bank. How about arranging a survey on the following
1) Has the marketing campaign attracted you towards Capitec
2) Can you be persuaded to give Capitec a consideration
One thing i have noticed the extended hours Capitec offers, i notice other banks are reluctantly following suit
However not a single business person known to me has given Capitec a consideration.
Most when asked respond "I DONT KNOW" but highly unlikely will they consider changing over. Maybe that is something a survey could address

wallsend
06-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I think that Capitec needs to become a " full" bank in the sense that they need to offer home loans, Credit Cards etc.

If they did the above, i would have definately chosen them over FNB. ( I switched from Nedbank recently)