PDA

View Full Version : New business tax on the cards

Rudolph Muller
02-01-2012, 12:48 PM
The South African Local Government Authority (Salga) as well as some of SA’s major municipalities are currently in the process of drafting applications for new taxes to be levelled on SA businesses.

The taxes, which may become “the straw that broke the back” of SA’s struggling small and medium (SME) business sector according to analysts, are envisaged to provide an additional revenue stream to SA’s ailing municipalities.

http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page295025?oid=560952&sn=2009+Detail&pid=287226

Rudolph Muller
02-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Enough is enough already! We are paying for ineffective government...and it is becoming a real strain on small businesses. I hope the opposition succeeds.

mercurial
02-01-2012, 01:09 PM
WTF? This is ridiculous! All they want is money, money and more money to furnish their lavish lifestyles and waste hard-earned tax payers money. Absolutely pathetic.

John
02-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I am astounded that there is not more of an uproar about the continual increase in taxes. Toll roads, a national health fund, additional road/car taxes and more. It is a vicious circle: Get more tax, blow the money on junk and corruption, increase taxes. Business owners must already pay for their own security, electricity backups and more. This may well push them over the edge as the article suggests.

peterson
02-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Although the exact manner of calculating the amounts businesses will be charged has not been finalised with “various options” likely to be submitted, Maganlal has confirmed that the South African Revenue Service (Sars) will be charged with collecting the tax and that all VAT registered businesses in SA will theoretically be liable to pay it.Easy way to make up for poor government. They will bleed the poor businesses dry.

robt
02-01-2012, 09:55 PM
The problem is that our dumb as government doesn't realise that the more they tax businesses the more businesses charge consumers. So now I have to pay R40 frikkin Rands for a premade meal at Woolies. Put up the petrol, add a bit of toll fees into the mix and then for good measure a miscellaneous new business tax and you've got R60 bucks for a simple meal. Which I'll buy cause I can't cook :D.