PDA

View Full Version : Facebook financial facts and numbers

Rudolph Muller
02-02-2012, 07:25 AM
2011 Revenue: 4.27 billion dollars.
2011 Income: 1.7 billion dollars.
Employees: 3,100.
Active users: 800 million.
Active Facebook users on mobile devices: 350 million.
Languages available: 70.
Apps and integrated websites: 7 million.
Posts per day: 2 billion.
Photos uploaded per day: 250 million.
Average daily user time on Facebook: 32 minutes.
Friends per average user: 130.

Dragon_Void
02-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Facebook is huge and rich it seems, guess it would be worth the while to buy facebook shares if it is released to the public.

Rudolph Muller
02-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Facebook is huge and rich it seems, guess it would be worth the while to buy facebook shares if it is released to the public.I think the shares may be overpriced initially because of all the hype. At a predicted valuation of $100-billion I will wait for the hype to die down first.

pine
02-02-2012, 10:19 AM
I cannot see how Facebook generates income. Can somebody shed more light on how they earn their billions?

gutsy
02-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi Pine, a lot of it is to do with the way they target their marketing. As Facebook users, essentially, we are their product. The bigger the product (800 million users and 350 million on mobile devices!) the more the value to advertisers. And, with that kind of audience, can you afford NOT to be using Facebook for some sort of marketing gain yourself?

pine
02-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi Pine, a lot of it is to do with the way they target their marketing. As Facebook users, essentially, we are their product. The bigger the product (800 million users and 350 million on mobile devices!) the more the value to advertisers. And, with that kind of audience, can you afford NOT to be using Facebook for some sort of marketing gain yourself?

I can see the "advertising value" here but still do not see how Facebook makes money as they do not allow advertising on the site. Furthermore I can see how I can use Facebook as a marketing tool but it does not cost me a cent. The question thus is who pays Facebook and for what?

gutsy
02-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Advertisers do pay.. if you look down the left hand side of the page, you'll see Sponsored Links. As a Facebook page owner, you have the option of taking Sponsored Stories or Facebook adverts - click on Edit Page, and Manage Resources and Advertise with Facebook. Once you've done this and selected the amount you want to pay, Facebook targets your advert to the type of audience you want.

pine
02-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Advertisers do pay.. if you look down the left hand side of the page, you'll see Sponsored Links. As a Facebook page owner, you have the option of taking Sponsored Stories or Facebook adverts - click on Edit Page, and Manage Resources and Advertise with Facebook. Once you've done this and selected the amount you want to pay, Facebook targets your advert to the type of audience you want.

Thank you for explaining this.

Since I have never noticed this I had a look and see there is a heading on the right hand side (nothing on left as you indicated) that says "Sponsored" with nothing underneath and a "See all" link next to it. I wonder how good advertising can be if one have to open a link to see it. If have not even noticed or opened it in 5+ years of Facebook use. But then again some people might think it is worth it (looking at Facebook's revenue)...... or are people wasting their money on a hype?

mercurial
02-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Wow. Those numbers speak volumes. Another fact from another article - Facebook has 60 000 servers worldwide. Astonishing.

Vecna
02-06-2012, 04:57 PM
feel sorry for google+

Tokenhole
02-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Friends per average user: 130.

Actual Friends per average user??? :D