PDA

View Full Version : DSTV advertising volume

peterson
02-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Do you also find the volume levels of DSTV advertisement far too high? I often watch documentaries, and the advertisements are much louder than the programs. They should really sort this out.

mercurial
02-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Same thing happens on SABC 3. Very annoying.

McT
02-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Agreed. Advertising volume always louder. Irritating. I either mute it or fast forward through it if I can.

Rudolph Muller
02-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Same complaint here. Default ad volumes should really be regulated.

McGuywer
02-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Yes it is still the same problem even though they (DStv) said they worked on it.

Space_Kriek
02-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Do you also find the volume levels of DSTV advertisement far too high? I often watch documentaries, and the advertisements are much louder than the programs. They should really sort this out.

The reason for this is that when the ad break comes on, most people run to the loo/kitch/whatever and then you can still hear the TV.

So if you in the loo and you dont hear anything, then you know your program is back on.

crudler
02-20-2012, 04:34 PM
i reckon its in case u fall asleep during the show, then the ads will jolt u awake so u can still watch the adverts and dstv can justify the high costs of advertising by guaranteeing that no one sleeps through them

McT
02-20-2012, 06:08 PM
The reason for this is that when the ad break comes on, most people run to the loo/kitch/whatever and then you can still hear the TV.

So if you in the loo and you dont hear anything, then you know your program is back on.

i reckon its in case u fall asleep during the show, then the ads will jolt u awake so u can still watch the adverts and dstv can justify the high costs of advertising by guaranteeing that no one sleeps through them

Both are lol :D They certainly do their best to grab your attention.

Frustrated us so much that we no longer watch our series or documrntaries live.

Space_Kriek
02-21-2012, 12:54 PM

Both are lol :D They certainly do their best to grab your attention.

Frustrated us so much that we no longer watch our series or documrntaries live.

So whats your explanation then McT

SmL9
02-29-2012, 10:31 AM
In the USA they have new legislation that will prevent ads from being too loud. We need something similar in SA!

robt
03-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Makes a case for downloading/streaming your content to watch online or on TV.

Multichoice mustn't complain if people don't watch 'live' TV as much - if you make it unpleasant people go elsewhere :).

McT
03-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Makes a case for downloading/streaming your content to watch online or on TV.

Multichoice mustn't complain if people don't watch 'live' TV as much - if you make it unpleasant people go elsewhere :).

As mentioned earlier, I hardly watch any live television anymore. With kids in the house who are supposed to be sleeping, the sudden loud adverts trumpeting out doesn't go down well.

robt
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
As mentioned earlier, I hardly watch any live television anymore. With kids in the house who are supposed to be sleeping, the sudden loud adverts trumpeting out doesn't go down well.

Yeah, blasting your kids awake with loud ads is not recommended :).

McT
03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah, blasting your kids awake with loud ads is not recommended :).

My youngster is just gone 3 and can sometimes take a fair bit of persuasion to go to sleep. So this is a must avoid thing. :D