PDA

View Full Version : Share Trading Platforms

phiber
02-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Whats your poison when it comes to online trading platforms? I use Standard Bank's Online Share Trading, but haven't really given any of the others a go. Anything out there worth trying?

Anyone day-trading out there for a living? Been considering getting into this, just too busy working during the times the markets are open.

Markd
02-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Whats your poison when it comes to online trading platforms? I use Standard Bank's Online Share Trading, but haven't really given any of the others a go. Anything out there worth trying?

Anyone day-trading out there for a living? Been considering getting into this, just too busy working during the times the markets are open.

I've used the SB platform and its not too bad. Used some others in the UK and they were quite similair just with some slightly different features, like heat maps on the top 100 and so on - pretty cool way of telling what was going on across 100 companies at a glance!

Would never consider day trading for a living - at least not at the moment. Dont understand technicals very well at all! Stick to the fundamentals and the long term 'investment' outlook ;) Has worked well for me so far.

Rudolph Muller
02-05-2012, 10:11 PM
I used ABSA's online trading some time ago. Was easy to use, but not certain how the feed compare with competing services.

Cool article about online trading fees here: http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page292516?oid=559147&sn=2009+Detail

phiber
02-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Cool, thanks for the link RM :) Going to stick with Standard Bank for now, might just be too much effort to change. Would be quite keen to hear from Day Traders of what they use, and how they perform.