Facebook   Twitter    e-mail newsletter    RSS Feed    iPhone and iPad App     Android App     BlackBerry App    

View Poll Results: Please rate Capitac Bank according to service levels, pricing and convenience

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Excellent (much better than expected)

42 60.87%
  • 4 Good (better than expected)

18 26.09%
  • 3 Fair (exactly as expected)

8 11.59%
  • 2 Bad (worse than expected)

1 1.45%
  • 1 Pathetic (much worse than expected)

0 0%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Service levels: Adequate
    Pricing: This is where Capitec shines. Extremely well priced and best interest rates for small savings. They blow all other banks out of the water here.
    Convenience: Adequate

How can they improve? When I went to open my account the atmosphere inside the bank was very informal, in a bad way. It didn't strike me as professional. It made me feel a little uneasy about banking with them. This was the Cape Town branch in the CBD. It was their incredible rates that make me ignore this fact.

I too was somewhat wary about banking with Capitec and just dipped my toes in and was really surprised. Great bank, great pricing, great interest and most definitely much better than expected. While expanded services might be great (credit cards) I'd hate if that had to come at the expense of the fantastic pricing/interest rates that Capitec offers. They might look instead to partner with other providers like Virgin for example to extend a credit card facility to their customers conveniently rather than directly.

Great bank, best thing is that the bank is open on a Sunday. Find the internet dongle irritating when attach to my keyring.

Quote Originally Posted by burn View Post
    Low transparent fees, excellent services and a refreshing common sense approach to banking.
    why can't all banks be like this?

I've been very pleasantly surprised. The horrible, unnecessary 'internet dongle' is gone and Capitec has none of the arrogant attitude of the 'Big 4' banks. I doubt Capitec refers to their clients as muppets, if you still bank with one of the Big 4, you are a muppet. :-)

Quick, efficient, easy to understand fee structure, earn interest in my current account that's greater than most banks savings accounts!

Could do with a few more ATM's although it's easy enough to draw money at pick n pay etc whenever I need to - which is rare! A credit card facility would be nice/cheque card (although I hear they introducing cheque chip and pin cards?)

By far the best bank for buck!

Not too bad. I use them for business and they have always preformed as expected.

I give them a 5 stars as its a no thrill bank account for my savings - works like a charm. Will open up bank accounts for my kids with them as well. Until they can offer Bonds and credit cards I just consider them a better alternative to a piggy bank - at least they don't rip me a big one like Standard Bank do

I like the low cost, high interest element, but the low number of ATM's and limited and basic looking internet banking could use some improvement. I guess that's what you get if you want low fees though

very low costs. Sometimes @ shoprite it's hard to find a till to draw a couple thousand early in the day. But one learns to work with that for the sake of low bank fees. I like the zero debit fees on purchases.