Facebook   Twitter    e-mail newsletter    RSS Feed    iPhone and iPad App     Android App     BlackBerry App    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator Quinton Bronkhorst's Avatar

The new iPhone will feature a 4.6in display

Apple’s new iPhone to feature a bigger display

Apple Inc’s new iPhone will have a sharper and bigger 4.6-inch “retina” display and is set to be launched around the second quarter, a South Korean media reported on Thursday.

Lets hope it is called the iPhone 5, and they actually add new stuff, not just a new display :P

Won't the SGS3 have a 4.65" display? A bit ironic how close that is?

Administrator Quinton Bronkhorst's Avatar
    I just love how the "new iPad" is just out the door and everyone is already hopping onto the next iDevice. It's all rather exasperating. Do people actually get to enjoy these gadgets before hanging on for the next big thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton Bronkhorst View Post
    I just love how the "new iPad" is just out the door and everyone is already hopping onto the next iDevice. It's all rather exasperating. Do people actually get to enjoy these gadgets before hanging on for the next big thing?
    Interesting that you mention that, but so true. The hype fuels the interest. It seems the hunger for "next" gadget is escalating. These folks must have amazingly deep pockets for gadgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton Bronkhorst View Post
    I've actually seen speculation about and wish lists for the 4th generation iPad. As you've said do these people ever enjoy their gadgets? Big fan of Apple products but that is just plain ridiculous!

Well I got my 4S last week after drowning my 4, and it's a lot faster, and a bit better specced, but pretty much same ol' same ol. Siri is ok, but not all features available in South Africa, so a little bit disapointing, but ok I guess. So the 5 should be worth the wait, I HOPE!

Interesting. I could potentially see myself holding out for an iPhone with a bigger display. Though I'm due for an upgrade already and eyeing the Galaxy Nexus currently.

Could an iPhone 5 realistically be launched in the states by end of June 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan411 View Post
    Interesting. I could potentially see myself holding out for an iPhone with a bigger display. Though I'm due for an upgrade already and eyeing the Galaxy Nexus currently.

Could an iPhone 5 realistically be launched in the states by end of June 2012?
    No I doubt it, the last time I heard they were estimating closer to November / December 2012. I'm only upgrading in Jan 2013, so hopefully it will be here by then!!

Yeah it really needs a display upgrade.. probably one of the reasons the galaxy SII and other new smart phones are pwning at the moment.