Facebook   Twitter    e-mail newsletter    RSS Feed    iPhone and iPad App     Android App     BlackBerry App    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator Quinton Bronkhorst's Avatar

South African Google+ users approaches half a million - report

SA Google+ users approaching half a million – report

New statistics from PlusDemophraphics.com finds as many as 466,828 Google+ users in South Africa, and counting.

Gives a fair indication that South African Internet users are early adopters. I think this was also the case with Facebook...

People love social media but I don't think a lot of people will just try out everything. They prefer to stick to Facebook and Twitter. I think the reason they used Google+ was the convenience it brought, as it is linked to your gmail account, so contacts were easy to add and also, people seem to like Google, so they went for this. There are so many social networks out there that no ones hears about, though. They're gonna have to be really good to be the likes of Facebook and Google+. Facebook should watch out. Google seems to be taking over almost everything it puts its mind to.

The Google ecosystem is the puller here.Come think of it it's gonna be everywhere you go =Smartphone,Laptop(chromebook),your tablet and right on to your TV(Google TV). There seems to be no running away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
    People love social media but I don't think a lot of people will just try out everything. They prefer to stick to Facebook and Twitter. I think the reason they used Google+ was the convenience it brought, as it is linked to your gmail account, so contacts were easy to add and also, people seem to like Google, so they went for this. There are so many social networks out there that no ones hears about, though. They're gonna have to be really good to be the likes of Facebook and Google+. Facebook should watch out. Google seems to be taking over almost everything it puts its mind to.
    True but they got a bit of a blood nose with Google Wave. So they're not infallible .

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    True but they got a bit of a blood nose with Google Wave. So they're not infallible .
    Indeed. Let's see what happens.

I am on Google+ but never use it. I just registered to check it out but FB and Twitter is enough for me.

What I didn't appreciated when I signed up for Google+ (and almost got me in trouble) was the fact that it signed me on to their dating website, and I had to search for a way to deregister me from the site. Maybe there was a tick box that authorised them to automatically sign me up, but I didn't see it.

I'm personally not a fan of Google+ but I'm a little anti-Google right now.

Maybe it's my negativity towards the fact that they are a monopoly influencing my perceptions, still 500,000 is not bad .

Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    I am on Google+ but never use it. I just registered to check it out but FB and Twitter is enough for me.
    Same here.