FNB, Sasfin and Barclays Africa (Absa) have been named the best banks in Southern Africa in the recent annual Banker Africa – Southern Africa Awards 2017.
According to Banker Africa, the awards recognise financial institutions that offer best-in-class services that meet the needs and exceed the expectations of customers.
The institution said the awards promote excellence and competition among entities that set new standards in quality of service, best practice and financial performance.
The winners were selected by registered readers of CPI Financial products and services, mainly peers in the financial services industry.
Shortlists for the awards were compiled by a group of experts from CPI Financial, the publisher of Banker Africa.
FNB was named the best retail bank in the region, while other South African banks also scored awards.
Sasfin Bank was named the best corporate bank, and Barclays Africa (trading as Absa in South Africa) scooped the awards for best commercial and investment bank in the region.
For the 2017 awards, nearly 4,000 votes were cast – these are the results:
- Best Retail Bank Southern Africa – First National Bank
- Best Corporate Bank Southern Africa – Sasfin Bank
- Best Commercial Bank Southern Africa – Barclays Africa
- Best Investment Bank – Barclays Africa (CIB)
- Best Emerging Bank Southern Africa – BancABC (Atlas Mara)
- Best Mobile Security Technology – Entersekt