FNB will now allow consumers and sole proprietor businesses to perform and accept QR code payments through its banking app.
FNB said that the new feature is being powered by Masterpass – Mastercard’s digital payment service – which is interoperable with most major domestic scan-to-pay services.
“We are rapidly expanding our digital payments ecosystem by providing customers with helpful digital payments solutions, said Raj Makanjee, FNB Retail CEO.
“The ability to make QR code payments offers our customers convenient and secure alternatives to carrying cash.
“As pioneers in innovation, we are consistently developing a wider selection of customer-centric solutions in digital payments, including solutions such as GeoPay and FNB Pay.”
How to enable it
- To make payment, individual customers can enable the new FNB App ‘Scan to Pay’ widget on their smartphones.
- Alternatively, they can select the ‘Payments’ option on the FNB App, login and select FNB Pay, then click on ‘Scan to Pay’.
- Similarly, businesses will select Payments, login and click on ‘Speedpoint’, register and begin to utilise the service within 24 hours.
- Businesses have the option to display the QR Code within the FNB app, email and print the QR code, or share it via social media.
- FNB said that there are no monthly rental or maintenance costs which makes this a cost-effective means for a business to accept digital payments.