South African Airways (SAA) and Nedbank have announced the launch of the new Voyager cheque card.
The Voyager card is a world first in that it guarantees users to earn air miles per transactional swipe.
Traditionally, airline reward programmes have always offered co-branded credit cards to customers to allow them to earn air miles based on their credit spend.
“We have tailored this unique offering as part of our efforts to diversify platforms through our customers are able to earn miles with ease and as frequently,” said SAA CEO Vuyani Jarana.
“While most of our programme members prefer using their miles for flights, Voyager miles can be exchanged for a wide variety of travel rewards, including stays at selected accommodation partners, car hire, exotic cruises, duty-free shopping, online gifting, and even health spa experiences,” he said.
Some of the stand out features of Voyager card offering include:
- The opportunity for SAA Voyager Premium credit cardholders to earn an additional 15 000 bonus miles per calendar year by spending R300 000 or more;
- An additional Global Companion Ticket for SAA Voyager Premium Credit Cardholders when meeting required spend thresholds;
- 20% discount on travel top-up insurance for SAA flights;
- Always-on SAA flight discounts of up to 13%; and
- Special promotional flight discounts for cardholders, of up to 40% on SAA-operated flights.
You can apply online for your SAA Voyager Card or at any Nedbank branch.
The SAA Voyager Cheque Card can also be added to select Nedbank transactional accounts and is available to existing and new clients.