Banking group FNB has announced financial incentives of up to R18 million over the next three months for customers who get a Covid-19 vaccine.
Vaccinated customers stand a chance to receive up to R6 million per month through a monthly draw, the bank said in a statement on Thursday (7 October).
FNB said that the winnings will be broken down as follows:
- Customers could win R3 million for just being a vaccinated FNB customer,
- A further R2 million will be award if a customer is vaccinated and has insurance with FNB Life
- An additional R1 million will be awarded if they are a vaccinated senior, 60 years and above.
“Through our life insurance business, we’ve witnessed first-hand the devastating impact of Covid-19 in mortality and retrenchment,” said Lee Bromfield, chief executive of FNB Life.
“While vaccination remains a voluntary choice, we believe vaccination coupled with strict adherence to Covid-19 safety protocols is key to minimising the impact of this pandemic. Overall, we see the vaccination programme as a means to help lower the mortality rate of our customers and encourage our customers to consider getting vaccinated not only for their own health benefits but for the good of the economy and the society at large,” he said.
The bank has been part of industry initiatives to offer financial relief to individuals and business customers affected by Covid-19. It also availed nearly 600 branches across the country to help its customers to register for the vaccination, Bromfield said.
FNB said vaccinated customers can enter the draw through the banking app, and following the below process:
- Accept the nav» Wellness Terms and Conditions and set up your health profile to access the Vaccine Status button on the FNB/RMB Private Bank banking app.
- Through the vaccinee button on nav» Wellness, accept that you have been vaccinated and accept the Terms and Conditions to enter the promotional competition.
Qualifying customers can submit their information from 7 October 2021, and the first winner will be revealed in early November 2021.