While South Africa’s biggest retailers and shopping brands tend to grab all the headlines on Black Friday, you can find a great deal on almost anything on the day.
From tattoos and DJ decks to fitness and sex toys, Black Friday has expanded to every corner of the country’s retail sector.
Below we’ve curated a list of some of the more niche or outlandish deals you can get your hands on this Black Friday:
Sex toys and lingerie
Adult stores are keen to get on top of Black Friday in South Africa, and offer various discounts on sex toys, aides and lingerie – for men and women alike.
- Adult World will be running specials on Black Friday, rolling over to Cyber Monday.
- LuvLand will feature online and in-store deals.
- Désir customers can subscribe to the Black Friday newsletter for exclusive deals.
- MySexShop.co.za is featuring between 30% and 70% off selected items.
- Jockstrap.co.za is running 20% off all items for gay men, from 26 November to 3 December.
- Passionfruit.co.za is taking 20% off everything for the whole week.
Sports and fitness
Health buffs will have a chance to pick up gear and supplements this Black Friday, with plenty of specials available on top brands.
- MiFitness is running specials all week, valid until 30 November.
- Sportsmans Warehouse will have in-store specials on Friday, with early access online-only deals on the 28th.
- Supplement World has been running a Black November special, with deals available all the way through to 12 December.
- Chrome SA has also been running early Black Friday deals on supplements and other products, rolling through to 2 December.
Tattoos and piercing
As has become tradition on Black Friday, some of South Africa’s tattoo artists are opening themselves up to helping people get inked.
- Dakota-Lee is expanding the offer for friends to get tatted together to the whole weekend, with a special per-piece rate for those looking for bigger tattoos.
- Inksane Tattoos is offering a 30% discount on pieces over R850, with a special on piercings too.
- Red Liquid Tattoos in PE is running a 50% off special on all tattoos, and 40% off piercings.
If you’re looking for deals on juices to get you in the festive spirit, Black Friday also has you covered. Just remember: don’t drink and shop online. You will regret it come Cyber Monday.
- Bottleshop.co.za is counting down the days to Black Friday a daily special on select wines. Expect more specials on the day.
- CyberCellar is also running week-long deals, with more specials expected on Black Friday itself.
- Norman Goodfellows is getting shoppers in the spirit of Black Friday, with specials on a wide selection of drinks.
DIY and home building
If you’re looking to start a new home project, or are in the market for new tools – home and building stores have you covered this Black Friday
- Builder’s Warehouse will have exclusive deals and discounts, with 10% off baskets over R5,000 right now.
- Live Copper has amazing deals – up to 70% off – on your electrical, plumbing and fixture needs.
- Lighting Warehouse has some specials in store for Black Friday, set to be revealed on 29 November.
- Italtile is planning a “style splurge” for Black Friday, promising “one day wonders” and “never to be repeated prices”.
- CTM is also counting down to a Black Friday tile and ceramics sale.
Even the discerning businessman can catch a great deal this Black Friday, with bespoke suits and the latest trends.
- Khaliques will be running a Black Friday special of 50% off everything, and free tailoring with every online purchase.
- Eurosuit is wiping as much as R2,000 off its suits on offer.
- Frank Bespoke is offering as much as 50% off its ‘demispoke’ suits valued at R7,000.
There’s no reason only us humans should benefit from the Black Friday craze – there are plenty of deals on offer that will make your furry friends happy as well.
- ePETstore has specials lines up on a whole host of brands, with 10% to 50% off.
- Pet Heaven is keeping a lid on its specials, but it counting down the hours until they all unlock. It promises up to 40% off.
- Interpet is already running specials, with prices marked down on pet food, and much more.
- Family Pet Centre is marking 50% off selected brands (and is also running a free dental check for your pets until the end of the month).
Music and audio
Black Friday also presents the perfect opportunity for aspiring musicians and audiophiles to grab great deals.
- Sound Select has specials on DJ equipment, lighting and mixers – with specials starting at as little as R9.99.
- Ultra Sound and Vision has great deals on portable speakers, with up to 60% off.
- Audico has a pre-Black Friday sale going on, with the speakers, headphones and amps on offer. More deals will launch on 29 November.
- Audiomart has its Hot Deal Black Friday sale, with discounts on professional sound and mixing equipment.
- Marshall Music‘s sale will see between 25% and 40% off guitars, amps and keyboards.
- Music Experience is offering up to 45% on various instruments and musical equipment.
Books and learning
Never miss an opportunity to expand your horizons – even on Black Friday.
- Readers Warehouse is letting email subscribers in on all its Black Friday deals expected to launch on 29 November.
- Fitpro is offering Black Friday specials on its fitness training courses – 50% off online courses, and 20% of 2020 courses.
- The TEFL Academy is offering up to 60% off of their combined and online Level 5 Teaching English as a Foreign Language courses for Black Friday.
- Capsicum Culinary Studio is also offering 10% off full-time culinary courses in 2020 as part of its Black Friday special.