Vodacom has unveiled fibre-to-the-home prices as part of an FTTH trial, which range between R799 per month for a 20Mbps service to R1,799 for a 100Mbps offering.
The monthly service charge includes data, line rental, and customer premises equipment (CPE). Installation is free.
There is a monthly “fair use limit” (data cap) of between 50GB and 200GB, after which users will be charged R7.00 per GB.
It should be noted that these are not Vodacom’s final FTTH prices, but rather the pricing structure which the company is testing as part of its fibre broadband trials.
What Vodacom’s FTTH offers
Vodacom has partnered with Fibre Connect to launch its new “Broadband Fibre to the Home” service.
Vodacom’s Broadband Fibre-to-the-Home offers users a wide range of services other than fast Internet access. These include:
- Vodacom IP-TV.
- Integrate your DSTV Explora or Apple TV and enjoy uninterrupted HD streaming.
- Stream online content including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, emails, and gaming directly to your TV.
- Stream unlimited Vodacom health and educatoinal content including the Educational Portal Grade 4 to 12 Syllabus.
- Home with Cloud – protect your multimedia with cloud backup and access from any Vodacom device.
- Home Monitoring – watch pets, children, and other activity from any Vodacom device using wireless IP cameras.
- Home Automation – control appliances and lights while away.
The table below provides an overview of the Vodacom fibre-to-the-home trial prices.
|Fibre package||Data cap||Monthly price|
|40Mbps Gold||100GB||R1 199|
|100Mbps Platinum||200GB||R1 799|
This article was republished with permission from MyBroadband.