CareerJunction has published its comprehensive salary review for 2018, showing what South Africans are currently earning in over 100 job categories in 10 major sectors.
The salary review contains the latest most up-to-date salary information in the country, as well as regional differences in monthly remuneration. It is based on actual salary offerings on the CareerJunction website for the period May to November 2018.
The late-year review specifically looks at salary ranges for intermediate and senior level kills across 10 fields.
These salary ranges represent monthly ‘cost to company’ remuneration and only serve as an indication of the average salary offerings for each occupation, the group said.
The salaries listed below are divided by sector, and include the average regional differences in pay. BusinessTech highlights the jobs with the highest and lowest salaries – though it should be noted that the salaries are listed as a range, and will differ depending on seniority and skill level.
** indicates where salary information was not available due to low market demand for those skill sets.
Admin, Office and Support
- Highest paid: Health, Safety and Environment – R36,264
- Lowest paid: Switchboard and Reception – R9,119
Architecture and Engineering
- Highest paid: Civil/Structural Engineering – R70,826
- Lowest paid: Engineering Technician/Draughtsman – R20,943
Building and Construction
- Highest paid: Structural Engineering – R78,264
- Lowest paid: Metal, Iron, Steel and Rebar Works – R19,833
- Highest paid: Financial Management – R79,002
- Lowest paid: Financial Services Consulting – R13,567
- Highest paid: IT Management – R66,141
- Lowest paid: Systems and Network Administration – R27,667
Manufacturing and Assembly
- Highest paid: Plant Management – R72,583
- Lowest paid: Assembling and Fabricating – R15,333
- Highest paid: Marketing Management – R56,275
- Lowest paid: Marking Assistance – R13,451
Medical and Health
- Highest paid: Pharmacist – R46,025
- Lowest paid: Pharmaceutical Assistant – R13,700
- Highest paid: Sales Management – R52,890
- Lowest paid: Sales Administration – R11,953
Warehousing and Logistics
- Highest paid: Logistics Management – R52,048
- Lowest paid: Dispatch and Receiving – R9,354