Food Lover’s Market has announced expansion plans for 2021 which will see the grocery retailer spend R250 million on a number of new locations and refurbish older format stores.
This includes the newly-opened flagship Food Lover’s Market Waterfall Ridge in Midrand which boasts an updated retail design and a number of new features, it said.
“Design enhancements include wide aisles and dedicated food stations dotted around the store, constant stock rotation to maintain freshness and quality, and a focus on unique must-try products,” Food Lover’s said.
“Departments are designed as dedicated destination areas, offering customers a Theatre-of-Food experience within the supermarket environment.”
The store includes an expanded grocery department, offering all the household grocery items, a 800 sqm Market Liquors, and a Bloom Market which specialises in flowers and gifts.
Other features of the new store include:
- Fresh Society – offers a selection of freshly-pressed health juices and smoothies.
- An artisan bakery that bakes fresh doughnuts, bread, muffins, tarts, and more in-store daily.
- Health & Happiness – offers healthy nibbles for those wanting to snack responsibly.
- The Streatery is a new all-day sit-down diner. It features a wide variety of delicious breakfasts, healthy quick lunches, Poké Bowls & salads, fresh sushi, wood-fired Neapolitan style pizzas, street foods, burgers and much more.
- The in-store food offering includes Crispy Chicken, Pies, Pizzas, hot grab & go foods, and pre-packed sushi made fresh daily.
- The Butchers Block and Braai Time offers an extensive range of the finest cuts of meat. Shoppers can expect 28-day aged Signature steak, a range of burger patties, sosaties, delicious roast meats, and premium pork.