Shell has launched a new rewards programme – called V-Plus – which is available at participating service stations.
V-Plus offers Shell customers earnings of 15c cash back for every litre of fuel purchased at participating Shell service stations.
The group said that for a limited time between 1 December 2019 and 31 January 2020, customers can also double their cash back rewards for fuel purchases and claim 30c cash back for every litre of fuel purchased at participating Shell service stations.
“Shell understands that with the current economic context, South Africans face an uphill financial battle and are always looking for ways to save money,” said Palesa Mokaba, head of marketing for Shell South Africa.
“With V-Plus loyalty programme, customers can earn cash rewards when they visit Shell and they can spend them on whatever they like, with the cash rewards available for redemption from as soon as 20 January 2020.”
Shell said that customers can sign up for the programme by dialling *120*7368# or by registering on its mobi site, www.v-plus.co.za.
Other important points to note include:
- Immediate cash redemption on previous transactions from 20 January 2020;
- Cashback rewards can be used on both fuel and in the Shell Select stores at participating Shell service stations;
- V+ offers a benefit of 50% or more to customers compared to the previous loyalty programme which saw customers typically earning 10c per litre back on fuel;
- The reward programme is launching with double cashback benefit from 1 December 2019 to 31 January 2020 – 30c per litre;
- By registering in December 2019 with V+ customers stand a chance to win R1 million;
- This is a national roll-out with urban and rural representation.