Every person, and especially every entrepreneur, should embrace failure with open arms, says Richard Branson, businessman, investor, and founder of Virgin Group.
“It is only through failure that we learn. Many of the world’s finest minds have learned this the hard way,” he said.
Branson provides his top 10 quotes on failure, and the road to success:
- When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel – Eloise Ristad
- Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable – Coco Chanel
- The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one – Elbert Hubbard
- Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly – Robert F. Kennedy
- Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm – Winston Churchill
- One who fears failure limits his activities. Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again – Henry Ford
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success – Dale Carnegie
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed – Michael Jordan
- I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work – Thomas A. Edison