Updates to NETGEAR unmanaged and smart managed Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ switches will provide elevated power budgets and uninterrupted PoE++ power for businesses.
The Ultra60 PoE++ model is the first Cloud-managed Ultra60 PoE++ switch in the industry with uninterrupted power PoE for businesses of all sizes.
“As modern business organisations continue to see a two-fold trend of deploying more PoE devices, with more power, high-performance PoE switches are in pivotal demand to run businesses,” said Tobie van Schalkwyk, product manager for NETGEAR switch solutions at Duxbury Networking.
“With the IoT continuously introducing wired devices for smart home and smart building automation systems, the 802.3bt PoE standard is called to support those devices that require greater power,” said van Schalkwyk.
To meet these ever-important and business-critical demands, NETGEAR has developed a series of product enhancements addressing the growth of PoE products on the market.
These new members of the unmanaged and smart managed switch family enable deployment of PoE+ ports exactly where they are needed, and include:
- NETGEAR GS110TUP Ultra60 PoE++ 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 PoE+ and 4 PoE++ ports and the GS710TUP with 8 PoE++ ports, 1 Gigabit Non-PoE Copper and 1 SFP port, with optional remote/cloud management capability. GS110TUP provides a total PoE budget of 240W and the GS710 with a 480W for powerful PoE applications.
- NETGEAR GS724TPP 24-port Gigabit Ethernet Hi-Power PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP ports and optional remote/cloud management capability. GS724TPP provides a total PoE budget of 380W for more PoE applications.
- NETGEAR GS308PP 8-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE+ Switch with 83W PoE budget. With NETGEAR FlexPoE integrated technology that allows one to increase the PoE budget at any time to provide devices with the power that they need with an interchangeable external power adapter.
- NETGEAR GS316P 16-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE+ switch with 115W PoE budget. With NETGEAR FlexPoE integrated technology that allows one to increase the PoE budget at any time to provide devices with the power that they need with an interchangeable external power adapter.
- NETGEAR GS316PP 16-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged High-Power PoE+ switch with 183W PoE budget for high-power PoE devices. The compact, silent, fanless design makes the GS316PP an ideal cost-effective and future-proof option for any business or home.
- NETGEAR GS348PP 48-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged High-power PoE+ switch with 380W PoE budget and 24 ports PoE+. The GS348PP is a cost-effective and powerful switch with the best cost/PoE budget ratio.
The first cloud manageable PoE++ switches with uninterrupted Ultra60 60W PoE++ power
The first Cloud Manageable PoE++ switch with uninterrupted PoE power provides power flexibility and uninterrupted service.
These switches are the ideal solution even for the most advanced business organizations looking for the best combination of features, performance and value.
Outstanding power flexibility with NETGEAR’s exclusive FlexPoE
The GS308PP, GS316P, and GS316PP support NETGEAR’s exclusive FlexPoE upgradeable PoE power feature.
Powered by the industry’s first flexible PoE+ integrated technology, users can increase or decrease the PoE budget by simply purchasing a new external power adapter.
FlexPoE switches are also designed to effectively future-proof small business networks and budgets.
With NETGEAR’s exclusive FlexPoE, the first two switches help businesses cost effectively increase their power budget to expand their network as needed.
Energy efficiency with NETGEAR’s exclusive PoE auto-balance and allocation
The GS308PP, GS316P, GS316PP and GS348PP support NETGEAR’s exclusive auto-balance and allocation PoE feature that automatically balances the PoE power based on the device needs independent of PoE class detected.
These switches deliver the power the device needs, at the most granular level for better power efficiency and savings.
This article was published in partnership with Duxbury Networking.