To help slow the spread of Covid-19 and similar viruses, a quick and easy solution is to regularly disinfect large surfaces using a cordless sprayer with a surface disinfectant.
Used together, they are effective in sanitising work areas and homes in minutes.
How to sanitise large surfaces within minutes
- Always wash your hands before you begin 😊
- Dissolve Virol-Oxy in water: Mix 10 grams of Virol-Oxy in 1 litre of lukewarm water to make 1 litre of highly effective 1% solution
- Stir the powder: Stir until the powder has dissolved into a clear pink solution
- Assemble the cordless spray gun: Insert the battery and the largest spray nozzle option for a fine mist spray, then attach the spray gun recipient that contains the Virol -Oxy 1% solution.
- Spray surfaces: Spray any hard surface, tools and/or equipment, including floors, counters, doors, knobs, windows, benches, baths, sinks, beds and more.
- Leave for 10 minutes: Leave for up to a minimum of 10 minutes, then wipe over surfaces with a paper towel.
This process will not clean dirty surfaces, but it will kill germs, fungi and viruses present on those surfaces. If done daily, this will dramatically decrease the risk of spreading infection.
Virol-Oxy, an advanced surface disinfectant imported from Germany, is highly effective against bacteria, viruses (including coronavirus), fungi and spores.
It is sold by EcoDepot as a safe, deactivated powder to prepare a 1% solution.
It achieves inactivation of the Coronavirus strain at a 1:100 dilution rate. Virol-Oxy can even be used to wash off some food products, using a 0.5% solution.
EcoDepot recommends using the Ryobi XSG-18 Cordless Spray Gun which is commonly sold as a paint spray gun, but is highly effective to spray disinfectant.
The sprayer is easy to use and features 3 different spray options, one of them being a very fine mist spray, which is perfect for any surface that you wish to disinfect, without leaving untreated patches.
Watch how to disinfect surfaces using a cordless sprayer and Virol-Oxy
Stay safe, and together we can flatten the curve. Visit ecodepot.co.za for more DIY and home improvement products.
This article was published in partnership with EcoDepot.