EMGuidance, an app for the medical profession, has won the local leg of Seedstars World and will now compete for $500,000 (R6.5 million) in funding at the global final in Switzerland in 2018.
The startup, which aggregates medical content from regional experts in one app, will also get an opportunity to meet investors and take part in a training program abroad.
Zlto, a digital rewards platform that incentivizes its users for postitive behaviors, cwas placed second, while Empty Trips, an online smart transport marketplace connecting transporters, brokers and shippers, grabbed the last spot on the podium.
The other startups invited to pitch included:
- GreenFingers Mobile – a mobile first Software-as-a-Service technology platform to finance and manage large groups of smallholder farmers.
- Mbora – a solar-powered IoT-enabled sensing suite that delivers real-time visibility to a service provider across its entire network
- CommuScore – provides a credit scoring model focusing on the savings schemes and loan repayments that happen in the informal market.
- Muzi – helps improve accuracy and create valuable epidemiology data for HIV screening.
- Invoiceworx – a working capital financing company aimed at providing access to inventory financing to small retailers.
- Lenoma Legal – an ecommerce website with instant legal document download capability for business owners.
- Home Farm – enables people to grow their own nutritious crops at home and inspires them with creative ways to use them