The Independent Education Board (IEB) has published the matric results for the class of 2018, showing that they achieved a pass rate of 98.92%.
The results went live at midnight.
12,372 students sat the IEB exams, up from the 12,130 that wrote in 2017. Of the 2018 group, 90.65% achieved bachelors entry, with a further 7.33% getting diploma entry.
0.95% achieved entry for study at a higher certificate level.
Matrics who wrote the National Senior Certificate exams will get their results on Friday morning (4 January).
How to get your results
Learners can access their results (or register to receive them) in the following ways:
- Learners can access their results directly by logging onto the Department of Basic Education’s website here. Alternatively, students who took the IEB examinations can access their results from the IEB website here.
- A number of online news websites will publish the results – including News24’s Matric Results page.
- Learners who do not have internet access will be able to obtain their results from a number of South Africa’s daily newspapers, however, you will not be able to see individual subject results.
- Learners may obtain their results directly from the schools or learning facilities at which the exams were written.
- The SABC in conjunction with the Department of Education will allow learners to obtain results on their phones in a number of ways.
- Learners can download the MatricsMate app directly from their phone’s app store.
- Alternatively, learners can sign up to the SABC’s SMS service: SMS the learner’s ID and Student number to 35658 or dial *120*35658# to register. The SMS will tell learners if they have passed or not, while the USSD system (*120*35658#) will deliver the more detailed results.
- You can also contact the Department of Education directly by dialling 082 152 to receive your matric results.