TripAdvisor has published its Travelers’ Choice Awards for 2019, highlighting the best fine dining restaurants in South Africa.
Based on a full year of TripAdvisor reviews, these restaurants were consistently given high ratings and praise by diners across the globe.
This year’s awards recognised 584 restaurants globally, including the top 25 in the World, and dedicated lists for Asia, Africa, Europe, India, Canada, Mexico, Australia, South America, South Pacific, the UK and the US.
Award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews for restaurants, gathered over a 12-month period.
Constantia-based restaurant La Colombe was named as the best fine dining restaurant in South Africa and is also the only restaurant in Africa to be selected among the top 25 in the world.
The Test Kitchen in Woodstock and De Grendel Restaraunt in Platekloof were awarded the second and third place respectively.
As in previous years, the rest of the list is dominated by Western Cape restaurants, with the province boasting x of the top 10 establishments on the list.
You can find the top 10 below.
1. La Colombe – Constantia, Western Cape
2. The Test Kitchen – Woodstock, Western Cape
3. De Grendel Restaurant – Plattekloof, Western Cape
4. Le Bon Vivant – Franschhoek, Western Cape
5. Bel Punto – Umdloti, KZN
6. Rust en Vrede Restaurant – Stellenbosch, Western Cape
7. Black Bamboo – Pretoria, Gauteng
8. Cavalli Restaurant – Somerset West, Western Cape
9. Pigalle Restaurant – Cape Town Central, Western Cape
10. The Pot Luck Club – Cape Town Central, Western Cape