Vodacom South Africa is undergoing a restructuring process aimed at giving the company a “clearer idea of which customers they are servicing, and delivering on what their customers want and need”.
In April, Vodacom announced that Sipho Maseko had been named the ‘Group Chief Operating Officer’ for Vodacom while he retained his role as leading Vodacom South Africa.
Seven South African business units now report to Maseko – Consumer Business Unit; Enterprise Business Unit; Financial Services; Customer Operations; Finance South Africa; HR South Africa; and Innovations & Partnering.
Two other South African units – the Chief Network Officer and Information Technology SA – report to Vodacom Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Andries Delport.
As part of the restructuring process, Vodacom’s regional structures will be simplified while finance, human resources and other support teams will also make changes to fit the new structure.
Vodacom also plans to bring together the Vodacom Group and Vodacom SA finance departments with the goal of “speed and simplicity”.
The Vodacom South Africa business units are headed up by the following executives:
- Consumer Business Unit – Enzo Scarcella (acting) with rumours that Romeo Kumalo will head up this unit
- Enterprise Business Unit – Vuyani Jarana
- Financial Services – Mark Taylor
- Customer Operations – Chris Ross
- Finance South Africa – Johan van der Watt
- HR South Africa – Vuyi Raseroka
- Innovations & Partnering – Portia Maurice
- Chief Network Officer – Johan Engelbrecht
- Information Technology SA – Jaydev Chiba
Vodacom currently has eight regional management teams across South Africa, but will simplify this structure by creating four super-commercial regions which will each be led by a commercial managing executive, reporting to Chris Ross.
- Steven Barnwell – Cape (Eastern and Western Cape)
- Vuyo Mpako – Central (Central and KZN)
- Wanda Matandela – South Gauteng
- Joe Dlamini – Northern (Northern, Limpopo and Mpumalanga)
There will also be changes on the technical side of the business, which is under the leadership of Vodacom Group CTO, Andries Delport.
The current regional technology teams will be consolidated and report under two regional operational structures – Regional Operations North and Regional Operations South. Neville van Niekerk and Alberts Breed will head up these divisions, respectively.
All four technical executives will report to Johan Engelbrecht, the Chief Network Officer for Vodacom South Africa.
Vodacom Structure diagram