Huawei has launched its new Mate 10 smartphones in South Africa – the Mate 10 Pro and Mate 10 Porsche Design.
Both Mate 10 devices sport the manufacturer’s new Kirin 970 processor, which boasts powerful performance and an embedded AI processor.
The Huawei Mate 10 Series is also the world’s fastest smartphone supporting super-fast LTE connectivity and download speeds. The device comes with the world’s first dual 4G SIM support and dual VoLTE connections.
Huawei said the device’s neural network processing unit, combined with its HiAI mobile computing platform, allows the Kirin 970 to deliver up to 25-times better performance and 50-times greater energy efficiency for AI-related tasks when compared to four Cortex-A73 cores.
The chip’s dual-image sensor offers AI-powered photography, and all Mate 10 models sport a dual rear camera system consisting of 12MP colour and 20MP monochrome sensors.
The Mate 10 Porsche Design and Mate 10 Pro also feature a 2,160 x 1,080 AMOLED screen.
Huawei’s Mate 10 Pro and Porsche Design smartphones are now available for pre-order and are priced as follows:
- Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design- R26,999
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro – R17,999
Huawei’s new flagship devices have also been enhanced by the company’s strategic partnerships, one of which is with Microsoft, in the form of its Translator app and through LinkedIn.
Locally, Huawei is also embarking on a partnership with Standard Bank, with a focus on the Mate 10 Pro and Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10, which will be featured in VIP financial offerings for Standard Bank customers who purchase Huawei devices on various uniquely designed offerings.
Additional key features of the Huawei Mate 10 Pro and the Porsche Design Mate 10 include:
- A 6-inch screen with an 18:9 FHD+ OLED display, barely there-bezel and HDR10 to support vivid colours.
- A 3D Glass Body, beautifully and symmetrically curved on all four sides for an ergonomic hold.
- An IP67 Water and Dust Resistant exterior
- A Huawei SuperCharge and 4000 mAh battery with AI-powered battery management, which understands user behaviour and intelligently allocates resources to maximize battery life. .
The Huawei Mate 10 Pro is available from MTN, Telkom, Vodacom and Cell C stores, while the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 is exclusively available from MTN and Telkom.