Uber has partnered with Discovery Health, Clicks and Dis-Chem to bring riders flu shots for one day only in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
On Wednesday 18 April 2018, from 10:00 to 15:00, riders will be able to request UberWELLNESS on their app and will be met by a nurse who will administer a flu vaccine in minutes.
Discovery Health, Clicks and Dis-Chem have partnered to provide nurses who will be able to administer up to five individual vaccinations during one home or office visit.
While the flu shots will be free, a once off charge of R100 will be charged directly to the rider’s Uber account to cover the cost of the home or office visit.
In addition,Discovery Vitality members will also earn 1,000 Vitality points for having their flu vaccine.
How it will work
- Open your Uber app between 10h00 – 15h00 on Wednesday, 18 April.
- Set your ‘pickup’ location.
- Swipe right on your vehicle options to the “UberWELLNESS” option.
- Confirm your ride and if you are successful an accredited nurse will arrive to administer flu vaccinations for up to 5 people.
- You must be 18 years or older to request.
- The accredited nurse can administer up to 5 individual vaccinations at one visit, for a flat rate of R100.
- Available in selected areas of Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
- The vaccine will be at no cost to you: you will only pay R100 to cover the cost of the trip when you request through.