Jaguar has announced a range of enhancements to its XJ luxury sports sedan, set to go on sale in South Africa in late 2017.
The 2018 model updates include the introduction of the XJR575 performance flagship model, a host of technology upgrades, and the addition of the latest intelligent safety features.
The new XJR575 performance flagship model joins the range with upgraded power from 405kW to 423kW (575PS) delivering 0-100km/h time of just 4.4 seconds, the UK based company said.
“The new XJR575 is the most dynamic derivative in the line-up and delivers 423kW and 700Nm of torque for effortless acceleration and refinement. The 18kW uplift in power is delivered by Jaguar Land Rover’s 5.0-litre V8 supercharged engine and powers the luxury sports sedan from 0-100km/h in 4.4 seconds and to a top speed of 300km/h,” it said.
The new model features a number of technology upgrades which enhance connectivity with 4G Wi-Fi capability, allowing occupants to stay online on the move with as many as eight devices.
Customers will be able to choose between two bespoke exterior colour finishes: Velocity Blue and Satin Corris Grey.
At a glance
- XJR575 joins the line-up alongside XJ Luxury, Premium Luxury, Portfolio, R-Sport and top-of-the-range Autobiography
- Exterior design includes full LED headlights and unique double ‘J-Blade signature’ daytime running lights
- Touch Pro infotainment offers door-to-door navigation, seamless iOS and Android connectivity
- 10-inch central touchscreen features high-quality graphics and intuitive user interface
- Reconfigurable 12.3-inch TFT instrument cluster offers full-screen navigation
- Suite of advanced Driver Assistance systems including, Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist, Reverse Traffic Detection, Blind Spot Monitoring, 360-degree Surround Camera System and semi-automated bay- and parallel-parking
The 2018MY XJ range consists of:
- XJ Luxury
- XJ Premium Luxury
- XJ Portfolio
- XJ R-Sport
- XJ Autobiography
The powertrain range consists of:
- 221kW 3.0-litre V6 diesel automatic
- 250kW 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol automatic
- 375kW 5.0-litre V8 supercharged petrol automatic
- 423kW 5.0-litre V8 supercharged petrol automatic