Elon Musk has unveiled Tesla’s new Cybertruck – an electric pickup truck which will retail from $39,900 (R588,332).
While the launch event was marred as the vehicle’s shatterproof windows broke, critics were ultimately impressed by the Cybertruck’s specifications.
Musk said that the Cybetruck’s powerful drivetrain and low-centre-of gravity provides extraordinary traction control and torque – enabling acceleration from 0-60 mph in as little as 2.9 seconds and up to 500 miles of range.
Other features include:
- Exoskeleton – A smooth monochrome exoskeleton that puts the shell on the outside of the car and provides you and your passengers maximum protection;
- Tesla armour glass – Ultra-strong glass and polymer-layered composite can absorb and redirect impact force for improved performance and damage tolerance;
- Utility – Up to 3,500 pounds of payload capacity and adjustable air suspension, and engineered with 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage;
- Towing – Tesla said that the Cybbertruck has the ability to pull ‘near infinite mass’ and a towing capability of over 14,000 pounds;
- Adaptive air suspension – Raise and lower suspension four inches in either direction for easy access to Cybertruck or the vault, while self-levelling capabilities adapt to any occasion and assist with every job;
- Interior – Seat six comfortably with additional storage under the second-row seats. Complete with an advanced 17” touchscreen with an all-new customized user interface.