Retail group Pick n Pay is trialling a system that will allow motorists to renew their vehicle licences in-store.
Pick n Pay said the system will allow customers to skip queues at traffic departments and post offices by setting up a profile and paying in-store at a till point.
The group said renewals can be done for all areas in South Africa and will also allow customers to pay any outstanding fines that could be blocking a disc renewal in the same payment.
Customers should receive their vehicle licence disc via courier within 10 business days, delivered to an address of their choice.
How it works
- Register with your cellphone number at the till in-store or register on Pick n Pay’s website here.
- Set up your profile and your payment on the portal and opt to pay in a Pick n Pay store.
- Pay in-store at the till by providing your cellphone number as your payment reference and the group will courier your vehicle licence disc in 10 business days.
“When you are ready to renew your vehicle licence disc, make sure you have uploaded the required documentation and captured the address you would like the disc to be delivered to on the portal.
“You can then set up a payment for your vehicle licence renewal and select to make payment in a Pick n Pay store. Your vehicle licence disc renewal payment will include the following, which is automatically added to your payment amount.”
The fees are as follows:
- A licence disc renewal admin fee of R345 (including VAT);
- A delivery fee of R99 (including VAT).
“If there are any outstanding fines that are blocking your renewal, you will have the option to select these fines to include in your payment.
“If you do not settle these fines, your disc cannot be renewed. The payment amount provided on the portal will be linked to your mobile number, which you can provide as a reference when making payment in-store.”
Pick n Pay said the vehicle licence disc will be couriered to your chosen address within 10 business days after your payment and required documentation have been received. The delivery fee will be included in the total payment amount for the disc renewal.
You can find the list of stores currently offering the service under the pilot programme here.