Daily deals website OneDayOnly listed an exclusive luxury micro-apartment in Cape Town for R800,000 – and it sold just hours after going live.
The apartment is part of The Tokyo – a 148 unit residential development by Rawson Developers in the Cape Town City Centre, and has a ‘regular’ asking price R950,000.
“Located on the corner of Longmarket and Loop Street, the development seamlessly combines old and new to produce an upmarket product for property investors, frequent visitors, and residents alike.
“Within walking distance lie countless bars, restaurants, and a myriad of boutique retail destinations. It further boasts central access to hotspots like the CBD, Cape Town International Convention Centre, V&A Waterfront, and Table Mountain,” Rawson said.
The anticipated completion date of the unit is May 2023, based on construction commencing on 1 September 2021. This is subject to change, the developers note.
The Tokyo apartments are sold without parking. “This is because a high percentage of tenants these days living in our developments do not require parking and as such we have excluded parking from the building and the price,” it noted.
“The building is centrally situated so many occupants will use Uber and similar services to be able to get to wherever they need to go at affordable rates.
“We have however provided a number of solutions for interested buyers and future tenants including the neighbouring building that has bays for sale and to rent.”
Some of the key features of the micro-apartments include:
- 148 apartments over 15 floors;
- Luxury studio-apartments from 26 square metres;
- Biometric access control & 24hr CCTV surveillance;
- 24 hour concierge service;
- Ground floor restaurant & cafe;
- Fitness Centre;
- Rooftop sunset terrace with pool & braais;
- Business lounge with WiFi;
- Optional airconditioning.
The features of the apartment include:
- Unit 110;
- First floor;
- East facing orientation;
- Direction: Devil’s Peak;
- 26 square metre internal plus a 6 square metre balcony;
- Total Size of 32 square metres;
- Address: 87 Loop Street, Cape Town, South Africa.