Makro has announced the start of the field-test phase of its Pick-up locker system, with the opening of locker #5 at the Sasol service station on the corner of Rivonia Road and 12th Avenue in Johannesburg.
The company also revealed it has entered into a partnership with McDonald’s, and will roll out test lockers to some of its restaurants.
Ten Makro Pick-up Lockers will be rolled out over June and July:
- 5 at Sasol forecourts
- 4 at McDonald’s restaurants
- 1 at Makro Woodmead
Makro first announced its locker service in November 2014, saying it planned to roll out lockers to safe and convenient locations.
Those who want to use Makro’s pick-up lockers can select them as a delivery option when buying online, as follows:
- Select the products you want to buy and add them to your trolley
- Proceed to the online checkout
- Select “Locker Collection” on the fulfillment option page
- Select your locker location of choice
- Pay for your order (including the locker collection fee)
- You will receive an SMS notification when the order is ready for collection at your selected locker
- Pick-Up you order from the locker within 48 hours
The locker collection fee is R30.
Should you not be able to collect your order within 48 hours, Makro will cancel your order and refund you according to the payment method you used.