South Africa’s top telecommunications companies have announced their 2019 Black Friday deals.
These include specials on contracts, phones and routers as well as a number of special data deals.
You can find some of the most notable items on sale below.
FNB said that customers can save up to 40% with these FNB Connect Black Friday deals which all come with FNB Connect TopUp contracts valid for two years:
- Apple iPhone 8 – 64GB + Series 3 Watch + Connect Top Up M plan @ R691 p/m (Exclusive to FNB)
- Huawei P30 lite Smart Phone + Free Volkano selfie stick to the value of R249 + Connect Top Up M plan @ R293 p/m (Exclusive to FNB)
- Asus 15” – X543 Celeron laptop + Connect Top Up Go @ R199 p/m (save up to 40%)
- Samsung 32” HD LED Smart TV + Galaxy Fit E Smartwatch + Connect Top Up Go @ R172 p/m (Exclusive to FNB)
- Hisense 58” 4K UHD Smart TV + Connect Top Up Go @ R349 p/m
- Samsung Galaxy S10e 128GB Smart Phone + Connect Top Up M plan @ R559 p/m
- Samsung Galaxy Gear fit Smartwristband + Connect Top Up Go @ R79 p/m
- Garmin Vivoactive 4 Smartwatch + Free strap to the value of R649 + Connect Top Up Go @ R217 p/m
- Fitbit Inspire HR Smart tracker + Connect Top Up Go @ R89 p/m
Me&you mobile is offering a number of data deals as part of its Black Friday promotion.
Some of the notable deals include:
- Unlimited talk + 30 GB data – R399
- 25 minutes + 1 GB data – R99
- 75 minutes + 1 GB data + 200 MB whatsApp data – R199
MTN said that its Black Friday deals will go live at 00h01 on Friday (29 November) and will run through until Monday (2 December).
While MTN has been secretive about its deals, it has hinted at some of the specials on offer including:
- Apple deals – starting from R699
- Samsung deals – from R329
- Huawei deals – from R259
Rain has unveiled its Black Friday 2019 special, where clients get a free Huawei 5G CPE worth R3,450 with a new Rain 5G subscription.
This means that new Rain 5G subscribers will not pay any upfront fees when they sign up.
Rain officially launched its 5G service on 11 November, offering unlimited data at speeds of up to 700Mbps at R1,000 per month.
Rain’s 5G service is currently available in areas in Johannesburg and Tshwane – where it has around 250 towers – with an estimated 500,000 households in the coverage area.
Telkom will launch its Black Friday deals on 29 November.
Ahead of the launch, the group is running a Black Friday competition where customers can win a projected prize of 500GB mobile data.
To enter the competition, Telkom customers must provide their details so that they can receive notifications about Telkom’s Black Friday deals when they launch.
Each entry into this competition will contribute 50MB towards the winner’s data pool, and Telkom believes this will culminate in about 500GB of data being given to the winner. At the time of publishing, the data prize pool was 240GB.
As part of the data prize, Telkom will also be providing the winner with a Huawei B525 4G router.
Vodacom has revealed new Black Friday 2019 deals, which include a massive discount on a 20GB data deal.
The mobile operator offers customers savings of up to 75%, with deals that are headlined by a 20GB data contract add-on priced at R175 per month.
This package can be bolted on to any existing Vodacom contract and is a 24-month contract add-on product.
Other Black Friday deals include laptop and Wi-Fi router bundles, TV and Wi-Fi router combos, smartphone contracts, and an Xbox One bundle.