CareerJunction has released its latest salary review for South Africa, listing the salary ranges for 10 sectors across the country, as well as regional differences.
The review is compiled exclusively for the South African workforce and HR/recruitment professionals, and is based on over 30,000 job listings on the CareerJunction website.
The salaries listed below are divided by sector, and include the average regional differences in pay. BusinessTech highlights the jobs with the highest and lowest averages; however, the salaries are listed as a range, and will differ depending on seniority and skill level.
** indicates where salary information was not available due to low market demand for those skill sets.
Architecture and Engineering
- Highest paid: Civil/Structural Engineers – R70,301
- Lowest paid: Engineering Drafters – R16,905
Building and Construction
- Highest paid: Structural Engineer – R70,876
- Lowest paid: Construction/Demolition Equipment Operator – R18,015
Warehousing and Logistics
- Highest paid: Logistics Management – R44,278
- Lowest paid: Packing and Packaging – R3,480
Information and Communications Technology
- Highest paid: Technical and Business Architecture – R66,558
- Lowest paid: Network, Planning, Design and Installation – R20,778
Medical and Health
- Highest paid: Hospital Management – R61,915
- Lowest paid: Dietician – R14,861
- Highest paid: Corporate Lending – R69,932
- Lowest paid: Financial Services Consulting – R11,750
- Highest paid: Product Management – R40,944
- Lowest paid: Shop decoration and visual display – R10,885
- Highest paid: Sales management – R43,656
- Lowest paid: Merchandiser, product promotor and demonstrator – R7,238
Admin, Office and Support
- Highest paid: Office Management – R35,921
- Lowest paid: Teller and Cashier – R6,289
Manufacturing and Assembly
- Highest paid: Plant management – R61,157
- Lowest paid: Printing – R10,650