The Gupta-owned New Age and ANN7 media outlets have published the names of ANC politicians its sources say are behind a political plot to have the president recalled.
At the epicenter of the report: deputy president Cyril Ramaphosa, who along with Gwede Mantashe and Jeff Radebe are seen as the “generals” of the move.
On the side of president Jacob Zuma, the “premier league”, including Free State premier Ace Magashule and others, will allegedly come to the president’s defense.
According to the media group, its sources have highlighted what it calls an “all out war for control of the country”, revealing a plot from within the ANC to usurp power from president Jacob Zuma.
Following revelations this week by deputy finance minister Mcebisi Jonas that he was offered the position of finance minister by the politically connected Gupta family, the New Age reported that it received information of a party-wide plot against Zuma.
The group reported that a so-called “Anti-Zuma faction” inside the ANC would try to get Zuma recalled after isolating him from his “closest ally” Jessie Duarte, who was implicated in reports around the Jonas saga.
Now The New Age has revealed the ‘hit list’ – the names of the ANC officials who are supposedly heading up the “Anti-Zuma Brigade” – as well as the officials who are behind Zuma.
The “anti-Zuma” brigade: includes:
- Deputy President – Cyril Ramaphosa
- Minister in the Presidency – Jeff Radebe
- Secretary General – Gwede Mantashe
- Deputy Secretary General (SACP) – Solly Mapaila
- Health Minister – Aaron Motsoaledi
- Deputy Health Minister – Joe Phaahla
- Minister of Small Business Development – Lindiwe Zulu
- ANC National Spokesperson – Zizi Kodwa
- Minister of Science and Technology – Naledi Pandor
- Minister of Water and Sanitation – Nomvula Mokanyane
According to the report, “team Zuma” has held an emergency meeting to prepare a counter-strategy to “team ZumaMustFall’s” plans to have the president recalled.
Team Zuma reportedly includes:
- Free State Premier – Ace Magashule
- North West Premier – Supra Mahumapelo
- Mpumalanga Premier – David Mabuza
- KwaZulu Natal Provincial Chair – Sihle Zikalala
- Military Vetaran Association Chair – Kebby Maphatsoe
- ANC Women’s League President – Bathabile Dlamini
- ANC Youth League President – Collen Maine