LG Electronics (LG) has launched its latest mid-range smartphone, the LG Q7.
The LG Q7 builds on the previous models’ foundation, with even more high-end features such as Portrait mode, DTS:X Virtual Surround Sound, water and dust resistance and a fingerprint sensor on the back for added security as well as upgraded 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM which is also expandable.
New to the LG Q7 is Portrait mode that allows users to take selfies with blurred backgrounds for a pleasing bokeh effect.
The LG Q7 is also the first in its price range to offer DTS:X to deliver virtual surround sound, allowing Consumers to experience sound in the most immersive way. DTS:X is a premium, optimized mobile technology that delivers louder and richer audio for movies, music and games.
The LG Q7 features a 2.5D Arc Glass design with rounded-edges that makes the device comfortable to hold and operate with one hand. The Q7 can stand up to the rough and tumble of active use thanks to its IP68-certified water and dust resistance rating.
The LG Q7 will be available from R5,999 on pre-paid and R349 on contract, available in Vodacom and Cell C. Price and purchase details will be announced locally at the time of availability.
- Chipset: 1.5 GHz Octa-Core
- Display: 5.5-inch 18:9 FHD+ FullVision Display (2160 x 1080 / 442ppi)
- Memory: Q7: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Q7 : Rear 13MP with PDAF / Front 8MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Size: 143.8 x 69.3 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 145g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Colors: Black:
- Key Features: Fingerprint Sensor / DTS:X Virtual Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / Google Assistant / Smart Rear Key / Fast Charging / MIL-STD 810G Durability / Portrait Mode / Flash Jump Cut / Music Flash / Timer Helper / FM Radio