Warehouse store Makro will expand its click-and-collect locker concept to 23 sites.
Makro, owned by Massmart, first announced its locker service in November 2014, and unveiled the field test phase for the online fulfillment solution at select Sasol forecourts in Gauteng, in June last year.
“With a further 20 lockers to be rolled out in convenient and safe destinations, like garage forecourts and fast food retailers across the country, this collection service is an efficient way to deliver our customers,” the group said in a press release on Thursday.
“We view click and collect locker order fulfilment as an important part of our strategy, as it provides our customers with another convenient touch point with our brand. We are delighted to have rolled out more online pick-up lockers, taking the available sites to 23,” said Makro CEO Doug Jones.
Those who want to use Makro’s pick-up lockers can select them as a delivery option when buying online, as follows:
- Select the products you want to buy and add them to your trolley
- Proceed to the online checkout
- Select “Locker Collection” on the fulfillment option page
- Select your locker location of choice
- Pay for your order (including the locker collection fee)
- You will receive an SMS notification when the order is ready for collection at your selected locker
- Pick up your order from the locker within 48 hours
The locker collection fee is R30.