Cape Town is set to get the latest addition to its expanding skyline as ’16 on Bree’ – a 35 storey retail and residential development planned for the site bounded by Bree, Riebeeck and Mechau Streets – is ready for launch.
Construction is expected to commence in April 2017, and once completed in December 2019, 16 on Bree will be the city’s tallest residential development.
Pam Golding Properties is marketing the luxury lifestyle space, to be developed by FWJK Development.
The new site is also within the city’s Urban Development Zone which entitles purchasers who let out their apartments to claim the UDZ accelerated depreciation benefits, Pam Golding said.
This, it added, is an attractive benefit for investors who are, in effect, obtaining an interest free loan from SARS over an 11 year period for repayment from the proceeds of the resale of the apartment.
The upmarket development offers a range of units: studio apartments from R1.5 million, one bedroom units from R1.9 million up to three bedroom units from R7 million.
The penthouse apartments with four bedrooms start at R13.9 million. Air-conditioning, Smeg appliances are standard throughout. There is also automation-controlled lighting, temperature and security in the apartments.
Residents will have access to the swimming pool and recreation facilities on the 27th level and an outdoor gym. The unique facility of a day crèche is planned to provide for the growing number of working parents moving to the city.
Meanwhile, the street level design will reflect the urban landscape seen elsewhere on Bree Street and the double-volume colonnade along Prestwich Street will be for pedestrian access only, the developers said.
The building will also have high-speed fibre optic connectivity and a creative workspace off the lobby that include formal meeting rooms and a more trendy hot desking space.
- Recreation deck with pool on the 27th level and residents’ outdoor gym
- Smeg appliances throughout providing an attractive package for turnkey/buy-to-let purchasers
- Smart Home Automation System controlling lighting, temperature and security
- Creative workspace off the lobby to include formal meeting rooms and hot desking
- Electric vehicle charging facilities
- Secure bicycle storage and cleaning facilities
- High speed fibre optic connectivity
- Vehicle parking valet service
- Exclusive rooftop bar
- Located in the Urban Development Zone – entitles buyers who let out their apartments to claim the UDZ accelerated depreciation benefits