New World Wealth has recently published a ranking of the top golf estates in South Africa.
The report is based on a number of visits by the New World Wealth team to top estates across the country.
According to SA real estate advisor Basil Weinrich – who helped compile the ratings – residential estate living is on the rise, especially among the more affluent. He estimates that over 40% of South African HNWIs live or have homes on residential estates.
The ratings were based on the following criteria:
- Communal gardens and parks;
- Design and space;
- Location, views and scenery;
- Security features;
- Activities and facilities available on the estate;
- Condition of course;
- Memorability of course;
- Clubhouse, change rooms and halfway house facilities;
- Location, views and scenery.
Based on these criteria, the top 10 golf course picks for 2019 include (in alphabetical order):