Mondelēz International – the makers of Oreo, Toblerone and Chips Ahoy cookies – are officially looking to hire a new chocolate taster.
The position has opened up at the Mondelez RSSL (Reading Scientific Services Limited) building located on the Whiteknights campus in Reading, England.
Here the lucky appointee will be placed in consumer science discussion rooms and sensory booths alongside about 11 other panelists and a panel leader, to “give honest and objective feedback” on the taste of chocolate.
Key responsibilities of the job include:
- Being able to taste chocolate and cocoa beverage products and give objective and honest feedback.
- Working within a team of panelists to share opinions and collaborate to reach an agreement on taste.
- Using a clearly defined vocabulary to describe products and aid in the discrimination between products.
- Being consistent in the results given.
- Knowing the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct.
- Chocolate tasters are key in helping Mondelez perfect and launch an entirely new product all over the world.
- A passion for confectionary and taste buds for detection.
- Honesty when it comes to giving an opinion.
- Eager to try new inventive products.
- A communicative personality to build great relationships with your panel.
- A firm grasp of the English Language.
Remuneration was not discussed in the advertisement, although it was indicated that the position would allow you to join a “highly successful international business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme”.
Mondelēz International have indicated that they will close applications once they receive enough interest.
If you’re keen on moving over to the UK and don’t mind the logistics of uprooting your life in South Africa to eat chocolate for a living – you can apply here.