Private medical group Netcare has launched its new NetcarePlus GP Vouchers, aimed at improving access to consultations with general practitioners (GPs) in private practices.
The NetcarePlus GP Voucher product offers a choice between three types of pre-paid vouchers that are redeemable for a consultation with a GP, said NetcarePlus managing director, Teshlin Akaloo.
Akaloo said that individuals can choose to buy a voucher that gives them access to an in-person consultation, a voucher that covers the consultation and prescribed acute medications such as antibiotics, or one that provides access to a virtual doctor consultation.
“The competitive pricing of the NetcarePlus GP Vouchers, which is offered at a discount in relation to medical aid tariffs, compares very favourably with private GP consultation fees across the industry, and provides excellent value for money,” he said.
A NetcarePlus GP Voucher for a virtual doctor consultation costs R290. A voucher for an in-person doctor consultation costs R350, while a voucher for an in-person doctor consultation including the cost of certain acute medicines costs R430.
Over 500 doctors across all nine provinces are already part of the partner network, Akaloo said.
“Our partner GPs are located in the major centres across the country, but with a virtual option as part of the NetcarePlus GP Vouchers, anyone can now access private GP consultations regardless of where they live or work.”
How to purchase and use NetcarePlus GP Vouchers
- An individual can select from the three types of NetcarePlus GP Vouchers and can purchase as many vouchers as they wish through a secure platform. The list of participating GPs can also be viewed on this website;
- Individuals can make an appointment with a participating GP at the same time as buying a voucher, or can make the actual appointment at a later stage when required;
- FNB clients can also purchase NetcarePlus GP Vouchers through FNB platforms such as the FNB App and eBucks shop, using cash, card or eBucks;
- The voucher code confirming the purchase will be sent to the purchaser’s cellphone by SMS;
- NetcarePlus GP vouchers are transferrable, so you can buy a voucher for someone else. In that case, you will need to forward the SMS voucher code to them;
- For virtual consultations, the NetcarePlus Partner GP will send you a unique link via SMS to the secure digital platform on which the consultation will be hosted. If the GP prescribes medication during the virtual consultation, a script will be sent by e-mail;
- For in-person consultations, the NetcarePlus GP Voucher SMS and code needs to be presented to the receptionist at the doctor’s rooms as proof of payment.