Discovery has announced a number of changes to its Vitality rewards programme, including an enhanced sports gear and fitness devices benefit – Vitality Active Gear.
With the benefit, members can save 25% upfront on a wide range of sports gear and equipment and fitness devices at Sportsmans Warehouse and Totalsports, the group said.
It said that Vitality and Discovery Bank clients can also save up to 75% upfront on qualifying fitness devices and Nike performance footwear and apparel at Sportsmans Warehouse, Totalsports and Nike stores.
“It has always been a priority for Vitality to keep innovating at the intersection of wellness, physical activity and technology. Collaborating with world-class partners is key to keeping our members motivated and active using incentives backed by behavioural science,” says Dinesh Govender, Vitality’s chief executive.
“The events of the past year showed us the importance of putting to market an agile programme that meets the changing needs of our members. Vitality Active Gear is testament to this and we’re hugely excited about this pioneering benefit.”
To get 25% off, Discovery said that Vitality members need to:
- Activate Vitality Active Rewards on the Discovery app for an initial 10% upfront discount with Vitality Active Gear.
- They then need to find out their Vitality Age online and complete a Vitality Health Check or Virtual Vitality Health check-in for an additional 15% off.
- Then, by getting active and achieving their weekly Vitality Active Rewards exercise goals, members can increase their discount to 50%.
The discount increases by 5% for every five Vitality Active Rewards exercise goals achieved, Discovery said.
Vitality has also announced a new promotion that will allow members to sign up for a month of Netflix at the same point cost of a coffee or smoothie.
“We have always enhanced our rewards aligned to what we know members will enjoy most as an incentive for keeping fit and healthy.
“Netflix is the premium streaming platform for current content and we want to offer our members safe and valuable options as we navigate the reality that is Covid-19. This reality means we are spending more time at home and enjoying digital entertainment options, hence the partnership,” said Govender.
Govender said that members can claim the reward when they make just one Vitality Active Rewards goal for the month.
“We recognise the challenges associated with the current context, therefore it was important for us to ensure that the reward is accessible. We’ve made this an extremely attainable at just 150 Discovery Miles for a month’s access to Netflix, which is what it would cost members to redeem a coffee or smoothie reward,” he said.
Apple Watch deal
Discovery has also announced a deal that will allow members to you skip the R999 activation fee when activating its Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch benefit.
To qualify for the benefit, Vitality members need a Discovery Bank credit card with a straight limit of at least R15,000 and an available balance of at least R5,000, the group said.
To access the benefit, Vitality said that members need to:
- Download the latest version of the Discovery app for iPhone and activate Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch and pay a once-off, non-refundable admin fee of R10. Then contact your local iStore to order and collect your Apple Watch.
- Your Apple Watch will help you achieve your weekly Vitality Active Rewards fitness goal by measuring your daily activity, allowing you to earn Vitality exercise points in the Discovery app.
- Achieve Vitality Active Rewards exercise goals, receive weekly rewards and fund your Apple Watch in full.