DStv has launched a new rewards programme which will offer subscribers specials upgrades and discounts as well as benefits from BoxOffice, Showmax and other DStv-related products and services.
The group said that members will be awarded stars based on a range of activities:
- Which package you’re on: You could earn up to 15 stars based on which package you are subscribed to;
- How long you’ve been a DStv customer: Here you could rack up to 20 stars depending on the number of years you’ve been part of the DStv family;
- The services you’re using, which can add more stars: like streaming Showmax when added to your DStv account, renting BoxOffice movies and streaming DStv via the app;
- Simply staying connected for three months earns you 10 stars;
There are four rewards levels, which are classified as follows:
- Starter: 0-30 stars;
- Rising Star: 31-60 stars;
- Super Star: 61-90 stars;
- Legend: 91+ stars.
The number of stars you earn will only be used to determine the reward level you will be on.
“Some rewards are ongoing discounts and offer that’ll be yours every month for as long as you’re an active subscriber at that reward level,” DStv said.
“Aside from earning stars, rewards members can look forward to challenges and competitions to get even more rewards.”
“Once you have joined rewards, DStv will also alert you to new offers, challenges, competitions and rewards via email, SMS or notifications via the MyDStv app.”
Some of the rewards include:
- ‘Rent 1, get 1 on us’ movie credits on BoxOffice;
- Uber Eats delivery and food vouchers;
- Service vouchers to cover tech help;
- Special birthday rewards;
- Offers on Showmax;
- Free package upgrades, and much, much more to come.
DStv said that the programme is available to active South African residential DStv subscribers over the age of 18. Customers can check their Rewards level and offers by signing in to the MyDStv app and selecting the Rewards icon to join.
They will then be redirected to the Rewards dashboard which will reveal how many starts they have and which special offers they can claim.