Following the South African launch of the Huawei P20, P20 Lite, and the P20, Huawei has announced that a first-class service option will be available at no charge to consumers who purchase any of these devices.
“The Huawei Diamond VIP Service for the P20 series is a superior service offering,” said Likun Zhao, GM of Huawei Consumer Business Group SA.
“The Huawei P20 devices are premium phones, and so their users deserve a premium service. The total value of this service, which is free for our P20 users, is just under R4,000.”
In addition to a two-year warranty, other benefits that are available with this service offering include:
- Screen Damage Protection Service – P20 and P20 Pro customers are eligible for one free front screen repair or replacement (within the first year of warranty)
- Door-to-door Collection and Delivery Service – If customers are unable to get to the Huawei Customer Service Centres to have their phone repaired, then they can arrange for free collection and delivery from their home or office.
- Loan Devices – Huawei provides free loan devices to users whose phones are being repaired.
- Maintenance Service –This service includes a free software upgrade and a memory and system clean-up, to keep the phone performing at its best. Phone parts are also cleaned.
- Fast Repair – Users of the P20 Pro can have their device repaired within one hour on weekdays
- Free Screen Protector – Customers are entitled to one free screen protector replacement if the original screen protector has scratches on it.
- VIP Dedicated Care Line – Owners of these devices can contact Huawei’s VIP support centre if they need telephonic assistance with any queries.
- Free Laser Engraving Service – Users are entitled to one free phone engraving service at the Huawei Customer Service Centres.