Boutique café group Tashas has announced plans to significantly expand its operations in Dubai and launch in the UK.
Tashas was founded by Natasha Sideris and her brother Savva in 2005, and has since expanded to 24 locations in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi.
The group was acquired by Famous Brands in 2008, but bought back its shares in 2019 as the holding company sought to narrow its focus in specific portfolios.
“Since buying back the group from Famous Brands in 2019, we have been moving forward both locally, and on the international hospitality scene,” said Sideris, who is the group CEO. “We have now reached the point where we are able to make significant strides in our expansion plans.”
Over the next six to 12 months, the Sideris Group will open a further six locations and add new concepts to its portfolio. The openings include:
- Tashas Lynnwood Bridge, Pretoria, opening in 2022;
- Flamingo Room by Tashas: opening in Saudi Arabia in Q4 2022 and Abu Dhabi at the beginning of 2023;
- Bungalo34: a new concept to be located at the Pearl Jumeirah in Dubai opening in Q4 2022;
- Le Parc – plans to roll out the concept in further locations;
- Nala – a luxury quick-service concept opening in Al Serkal in Dubai in early 2023. The group intends to roll this concept out to major metropolitan markets internationally;
- Expansion into the UK (starting in London) and other markets
“Tashas has already become a mainstay in South Africa and in the UAE. Offering fresh food on order, in beautiful spaces with wonderful service is a formula that has worked and one that the Group plans to roll out in other countries,” the group said
“Tashas will open in Lynnwood Bridge in Pretoria later this year and the next stop will be in London where the team is close to finalizing details on its first location after which the intention will be to roll out more.”