CareerJunction has released its latest salary review for South Africa, listing the salary ranges for 10 sectors across the country, as well as regional differences.
The review is compiled exclusively for the South African workforce and HR/recruitment professionals, and is based on over 30,000 job listings on the CareerJunction website.
The salaries listed below are divided by sector (listed alphabetically), and include the average regional differences in pay.
A break-down of ICT salaries can be found on MyBroadband.
BusinessTech highlights the jobs with the highest and lowest averages; however, the salaries are listed as a range, and will differ depending on seniority and skill level.
** indicates where salary information was not available due to low market demand for those skill sets.
Admin, Office, and Support
- Highest paid: Office managers – R32,025
- Lowest paid: Tellers and cashiers – R5,259
Building and Construction
- Highest paid: Structural engineers – R69,841
- Lowest paid: Plumbers, pipe and steam fitters – R13,868
Design, Media and Arts
- Highest paid: Producers/Directors – R41,261
- Lowest paid: TV, video and movie operators – R14,248
- Highest paid: Structural Engineers – R69,841
- Lowest paid: Chemical Engineers – R27,404
- Highest paid: Treasury manager – R67,500
- Lowest paid: Insurance advisor – R12,400
- Highest paid: Market researchers and analysts – R48,333
- Lowest paid: Marketing assistants- R13,639
Manufacturing and Assembly
- Highest paid: Plant managers – R44,693
- Lowest paid: Abattoir worker – R11,278
- Highest paid: Sales managers – R44,584
- Lowest paid: Retail employee – R9,892
Warehousing and Logistics
- Highest paid: Logistics managers – R49,306
- Lowest paid: Distribution/Courier service – R7,225