In the Middle East and Africa (MEA), Lenovo has jumped up in the ranking to become the No.4 player with 36.3% year to year growth.
Oliver Ebel, executive director and general manager Lenovo Middle East & Africa, said: “Our continued growth in MEA comes as a result of our strong regional operations and commitment to our customers and partners.
“MEA has become an increasingly strategic region for Lenovo and we are determined to further grow our presence and invest in new growth markets. We are also committed to bringing our latest innovations to the region as we see businesses and consumers in MEA as eager adopters of innovation.”
EMEA president Gianfranco Lanci said: “In the coming year the market will see Lenovo bring even more innovative products to market; dominate the consumer space much more than we have done to date and deliver on our corporate strategy of being a PC+ company – ie designing products that have the additional features and functionality that consumers want – like our Yoga that is a laptop that converts into a tablet or the 27” table PC the Horizon, which showcased at CES.”
IDC Q4 2012 results:
- In South Africa, Lenovo grew our market share to 12.3%
- In the UAE, Lenovo grew its market share to 13.9% from 12.2% last quarter, with a 52.8% YTY growth. Lenovo is currently No.3 in UAE from No.5 last quarter
- In Qatar, Lenovo moved up the ranking to No.3 from No.5 with a market share of 13.5% and YTY growth of 43.2%
- In Oman, Lenovo is the No.3 with just under 20% YTY growth
- In Jordan, Lenovo increased its market share by 6% to 18.8% from last quarter to become the No.2 player with over 140% YTY growth
- In Lebanon, Lenovo regained the number one spot with 20.5% market share and 180.6% YTY growth
- In Egypt, Lenovo grew its market share to 14.2% with 36.6% YTY growth
- In Kenya, Lenovo achieved a 421.9% YTY growth with 8.4% market share
More on Lenovo